Aro week 2024!!!!

Aromantic Spectrum Awareness Week (ASAW) is a week meant to spread awareness and acceptance of aromantic spectrum identities and the issues we face, as well as a chance for the community to celebrate our own experiences and existance.

ASAW generally occurs the first full week (starting Sunday) following Valentine’s Day; it began in large part as a way for those in the aromantic community who had difficulty finding space for their experiences in such a universally romanticized event to come together and celebrate their own unique experiences.

This week was first recognized from November 10th-17th in 2014, under the name Aromantic Awareness Week; in 2015, it was moved to late February, and the name was changed to Aromantic Spectrum Awareness Week to be more specifically inclusive of all arospec identities.

This year it’s from Febuary 18-24, 2024!

Learn more here!!!!!!!

• Like 9

What kind of things are supposed to be done as part of the event? Since I'm new to the community. I can reblog awareness and acceptance-themed things on Tumblr, but not sure what to contribute here on the forum? Since we are an aro forum, we already have awareness and acceptance, so I guess I'll just try to be sending emotional support? 

ASAW is kinda just a time to be your self ig. Wear green, buy yourself chocolate, hang out with friends, buy pride gear, and that nice stuff.

13 hours ago, Ekaterina said:

What kind of things are supposed to be done as part of the event? Since I'm new to the community. I can reblog awareness and acceptance-themed things on Tumblr, but not sure what to contribute here on the forum? Since we are an aro forum, we already have awareness and acceptance, so I guess I'll just try to be sending emotional support? 

If you are still in school and you have a GSA or similar, you can talk about hosting an info session through them. It's probably too late to do so this year, but there's always next year.

37 minutes ago, Neon said:

If you are still in school and you have a GSA or similar, you can talk about hosting an info session through them. It's probably too late to do so this year, but there's always next year.

I'm not in school and I'm not sure what GSA is (not a native English speaker). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ekaterina said:

I'm not in school and I'm not sure what GSA is (not a native English speaker). 

GSA = Gay-Straight Alliance. It's essentially just an after-school club for gay people. Many have started moving away from that acronym though.

I don't have a good suggestion if you aren't in school because that's where I help out lol. Maybe a local queer organization is taking volunteers though?

Aw yiss it's that time of year again!! i went out and bought myself discount chocolate yesterday, since it was the day after valentines day and all lol

ive been thinking of writing a satirical "ultimate guide" to surviving as an aroace lol

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/16/2024 at 11:08 PM, Leistorm said:

Aw yiss it's that time of year again!! i went out and bought myself discount chocolate yesterday, since it was the day after valentines day and all lol

ive been thinking of writing a satirical "ultimate guide" to surviving as an aroace lol

oh pleaseeee 🤩 good job treating yourself ♥️