do pronouns matter??

mordo

i don’t really know how to know which pronouns i like or not because it’s kinda just based on what would be funny or make sense? like any pronouns or gendered compliments are more of a punchline to a joke to me if that makes sense, i only really present masculine because i don’t really know how to look good feminine so usually just go with masculine pronouns and stuff because that’s what i pass as but i wish people would be more chill about using different pronouns but i also don’t really care

idk it’s confusing and i don’t really know what gender i am anyways so it seems silly to tell people to use other things if i don’t really care too much about it anyways

• Like 2

I've seen agender, nonbinary persons use male or female pronouns. I have even seen cis persons use neopronouns. And no one cared... but the etiquette may change.

Personally, I don't care about pronouns. Thought perhaps I should decide on one set to avoid confusion.

• Like 1

I personally think the importance of pronouns is really subjective, so it's definitely more than fine if you don't really care about them!! If I were you, I'd just tell them to use whatever pronouns they want on me.

• Like 1

I'm in a very similar situation myself, and I would say just do what feels right and what you want. You could also try just not telling people your pronouns and letting them figure it out for themselves if you don't really care (of course its just a suggestion, it just works for me so it might work for you).

Not really in my opinion, it's more for validation of someone's gender, but I don't have that problem so Idc what people call me really, as long as it's not something weird or he/him9_9

do pronouns matter??

Depends on the person, time, and place. :P

I personally don't really have a preference beyond not he/she/it, but especially when you're not using typical pronouns, there's a pressure to choose and provide them for people (and then accept that they're gonna call you he or she anyway).

23 hours ago, mordo said:

i only really present masculine because i don’t really know how to look good feminine

I don't have a particular desire to look good feminine, but I also just feel so seen by this! I don't get all the rules and expectations of feminine presentation at all. So time consuming and takes so much skill!

I'm pretty indifferent when it comes to my pronouns in general as I usually don't hear them being used very much. They doesn't really feel better to me than he or she, but I do ask people to use it and if I do I get a little hurt if they don't. More because it is impolite than feels wrong though.

For you though, it might be better to ask which pronoun is most funny when applied to yourself. Honestly sounds great to giggle at your own pronouns.