I think people will say "your just saying that" if I tell them how I realised I'm aroace.

me_kachu

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DqF1DTK4U1AM&ved=2ahUKEwi3_6u68eCAAxXoVEEAHd7TDNQQ3yx6BAgOEAI&usg=AOvVaw0Nrgkjav0nJPncXC31ZqsP

This is How I realised: So, I was browsing on JaidenAnimations channel(of course) when I saw the above video titled "being not straight" and I thought it meant being weird and clicked on it. I watched the video, slowly becoming more and more intrigued. She talks about how all through her school years up to college and how she did not have a crush through any of them. I'm in year 10 and have never ever had a crush and I took like, a bazillion quizzes and they all said yes then I knew I am aroace. It prides me on knowing I have something in common with my fave youtuber. But since I am like obsessed with her I think my friends will scoff and say "pah ha ha. Funny. Like, you've had practically 10 crushes but then I didn't even know what crushes were! What would you do in my situation?

Me_kachu, signing off

Edited by me_kachu

That's pretty messed up of them... I was talking to my brothers about me being aroace and idk exactly what he said but my brother said something along the lines of, "If you don't feel attraction you're a psychopath."

Maybe you can tell your friends that you have literally never had a crush or just make friends who actually respect you and your identity.

You don't have to tell your friends. Even if you do want to, you don't even have to know it comes from that channel.

Otherwise, if you tell them it's important, and if they care for you, they shouldn't try to mock you on that

Yeah...  my cousin is also my friend but she thinks she doesn't have to be friends with me and she can be straight up mean and one of them lies a lot therefore almost never believes the truth. I used to think i was weird for liking hanging out alone and so did my friends and now it makes sense sooooooo... On my to do list... get new friends 

Edited by me_kachu

3 hours ago, me_kachu said:

Yeah... Evies my cousin and she thinks she doesn't have to be friends with me and she can be straight up mean and Sophia lies a lot therefore almost never believes the truth. I used to think i was weird for liking hanging out alone and so did my friends and now it makes sense sooooooo... On my to do list... get new friends 

Those aren’t their real names, right? If they are, you probably shouldn’t be sharing that. Internet safety is important!

7 hours ago, Jot-Aro Kujo said:

Those aren’t their real names, right? If they are, you probably shouldn’t be sharing that. Internet safety is important!

It's only first names so I don't think it's any breach of their integrity

13 minutes ago, Holmbo said:

It's only first names so I don't think it's any breach of their integrity

Maybe, but OP is a teenager who's already shared a general idea of their location, and this is an unlocked forum that can be viewed by anyone and is about an LGBTQ+ related subject (i.e. groups vulnerable to hate crimes). It's always better safe than sorry in a place like this. 

• 2 months later...

TBF, Cousin (her name now) does that to me an unbelievable amount of times and when I did that post I was too caught up in revenge.😞

Also, I told them, they said exactly like I thought they would say, then screamed at me (cousin was the only one to do this, friend( the name beginning with s) saw how sad I was and believed me) " YOU ARE NOT AROACE YOU FRAGILE IDIOT" and then I felt just self aware I guess. Like I wanted to go inside my shell and never come back out🥲