Is there a "libido" for romance?

Holmbo

I was thinking about how with sex there's a difference between sexual arousal and sexual attraction. Is there a romantic equivalent? Could someone be "horny" for romance? And if so could they self satisfy by doing romantic activities with themselves? Also what would be the romantic version of an orgasm?

I know these concepts are not really comparable one to one like this but it's fun to try anyway.

• Like 1

I feel like there is most likely a romantic equivalent to arousal and whatnot. It's hard to explain since I haven't really experienced that all too much, though there are times where I feel this need to want to do romantic things for myself, but it's not so strong to actually have me do anything. There is the term 'masturdating' where you go out on dates by yourself, go to dinners by yourself, or do romantic things at home all by yourself.

55 minutes ago, The Newest Fabled Creature said:

I feel like there is most likely a romantic equivalent to arousal and whatnot. It's hard to explain since I haven't really experienced that all too much, though there are times where I feel this need to want to do romantic things for myself, but it's not so strong to actually have me do anything. There is the term 'masturdating' where you go out on dates by yourself, go to dinners by yourself, or do romantic things at home all by yourself.

Tbh that sounds sick. Or maybe I could bring my friends into that where it’s all the stuff that would be romance but it’s jokingly done in that way. I just created a fake date didn’t I? Some would just call that an outing but I want to intentionally make fun of the social requirement of romance by doing all the stuff normally done (minus anything like kissing) on a date but with all my friends.