A homeopath gave me a medicine that made me attracted to people, it was the weirdest feeling ever.

Ted guy

There is a popular homeopathic doctor where I'm from. I have other problems I was seeing him for.

Surprisingly, he asked me about my attraction to people.

I told him I don't find women attractive like I want to. I lost almost all of it when I was sexually abused when I was younger.

I also lack emotion (I've wondered if I'm a psychopath, but I do feel empathy).

He said he believes a lot of my problem is suppressed emotions, so he gave me staphysagria. 

WHOA!!!!!!!

I spent the next 3 weeks drooling at women everywhere I went. 

I was completely attracted to a co-worker, who I wasn't before, among other people. 

The emotions and everything were intense and very pleasurable.

I've now gone back to being to how i was before, no emotion and a lack of attraction.

But I cant wait to follow up with this doctor soon.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Does he, um, have an actual doctorate in anything or is he just handing shit out willy nilly? Lmao. If you think you're having some hormonal problems with sexual arousal and would like medical assistance (because that's what staphisagria does), that's something you can talk to your primary physician about, but probably not best to leave it to weird scam artists.

And before anyone comes at me about something something colonialism or whatever, I'm pagan and latina. I very much believe in folk medicine, I just think you should always be aware and careful with what you put into your body, and "homeopathy" is usually code for "pyramid scheme where some unlicensed fuck tells you that rubbing essential oils on your skin (NEVER DO THIS) will cure your cancer". Take care.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Jot-Aro Kujo said:

Does he, um, have an actual doctorate in anything or is he just handing shit out willy nilly? Lmao. If you think you're having some hormonal problems with sexual arousal and would like medical assistance (because that's what staphisagria does), that's something you can talk to your primary physician about, but probably not best to leave it to weird scam artists.

And before anyone comes at me about something something colonialism or whatever, I'm pagan and latina. I very much believe in folk medicine, I just think you should always be aware and careful with what you put into your body, and "homeopathy" is usually code for "pyramid scheme where some unlicensed fuck tells you that rubbing essential oils on your skin (NEVER DO THIS) will cure your cancer". Take care.

Doctorate. 

Either way, even if he just handed me some shit, it was AWESOME! 

lol

8 hours ago, Jot-Aro Kujo said:

Homeopathy isn't really folk medicine, but a system of alternative medicine conceived by the 18th century German physician Samuel Hahnemann.

It's based on the idea that "likes cures like", e.g. drinking coffee can cause you trouble falling asleep. Therefore, coffee should be used against insomnia.

Now, most people probably wonder: doesn't this approach just make everything worse?

But homeopathic medicines are extremely heavily diluted substances. Imagine one drop of coffee mixed in the Atlantic Ocean.

Of course, since you can repetitively dilute a dilution, you don't actually need that much water. Take 1/100 from a solution and dilute it, take from 1/100 from this dilution and dilute it, etc.

And again, most people probably wonder: how can a substance which is so extremely diluted have any effect at all?

Well, Hahnemann believed that the way the substances were diluted, with violent shaking, would activate the vital energy of the substance - the more you dilute a substance the more powerful it gets.

Obviously, homeopathic principles are very different from conventional medicine (and even common sense).

Because of the dilutions, criticism of homeopathy is never that it is harmful by itself, but that it doesn't work. It is "just" the placebo effect - though this effect can be pretty strong, especially for mental conditions. But some people may waste precious time trying out homeopathy for serious illnesses.

E.g. Steve Jobs should've been immediately operated for his cancer. Instead, he delayed surgery for 9 months trying such approaches, which likely worsened his prognosis.

7 hours ago, Ikarus said:

@Ted guyWow, staphysagria sounds like one hell of a remedy. Did your change happen suddenly or gradually?

Undiluted, yes. But if you do not believe in the principles of homeopathy, all he ingested were sugar pills.

It seems to be standard treatment in homeopathy for "repressed emotions" (such a stupid trope that aromanticism is about this).

8 hours ago, Ikarus said:

@Ted guyWow, staphysagria sounds like one hell of a remedy. Did your change happen suddenly or gradually?

When did you first notice a difference and how did it feel? 

Well, what I was seeing him for was ADHD with auditory processing problems.

The next day I felt really different, I was experiencing some kind of euphoria.

By day 3 I felt a lot more emotional as a whole, and more confident in myself.

Maybe around day 5 I noticed I was attracted to people I'm usually not.

It Made me kinder and more affectionate to my wife, as I just felt more emotions to her.

It's really hard to explain, but as I said, it went away after 3 weeks.

It was weird being attracted to people who usually are as attractive as a chair to me at baseline.

6 hours ago, DeltaAro said:

Homeopathy isn't really folk medicine, but a system of alternative medicine conceived by the 18th century German physician Samuel Hahnemann.

It's based on the idea that "likes cures like", e.g. drinking coffee can cause you trouble falling asleep. Therefore, coffee should be used against insomnia.

Now, most people probably wonder: doesn't this approach just make everything worse?

But homeopathic medicines are extremely heavily diluted substances. Imagine one drop of coffee mixed in the Atlantic Ocean.

Of course, since you can repetitively dilute a dilution, you don't actually need that much water. Take 1/100 from a solution and dilute it, take from 1/100 from this dilution and dilute it, etc.

And again, most people probably wonder: how can a substance which is so extremely diluted have any effect at all?

Well, Hahnemann believed that the way the substances were diluted, with violent shaking, would activate the vital energy of the substance - the more you dilute a substance the more powerful it gets.

Obviously, homeopathic principles are very different from conventional medicine (and even common sense).

Because of the dilutions, criticism of homeopathy is never that it is harmful by itself, but that it doesn't work. It is "just" the placebo effect - though this effect can be pretty strong, especially for mental conditions. But some people may waste precious time trying out homeopathy for serious illnesses.

E.g. Steve Jobs should've been immediately operated for his cancer. Instead, he delayed surgery for 9 months trying such approaches, which likely worsened his prognosis.

Undiluted, yes. But if you do not believe in the principles of homeopathy, all he ingested were sugar pills.

It seems to be standard treatment in homeopathy for "repressed emotions" (such a stupid trope that aromanticism is about this).

I don't know if you're indicating you don't believe in homeopathy.

But there is a toddler with autism in my family and she changes drastically when we give her causticum. She doesn't know we are giving her anything.

It was by seeing this i decided to try it, but I understand if you don't believe it.

32 minutes ago, Ted guy said:

But there is a toddler with autism in my family and she changes drastically when we give her causticum. She doesn't know we are giving her anything.

It was by seeing this i decided to try it, but I understand if you don't believe it.

(Googles causticum) Ah! So you're feeding a child lye. YEAH I THINK SHE MIGHT ACT A LITTLE DIFFERENT IF YOU'RE POISONING HER YOU DIPSHIT. STOP IMMEDIATELY AND TAKE THAT KID TO A DOCTOR.

1 hour ago, Jot-Aro Kujo said:

(Googles causticum) Ah! So you're feeding a child lye. YEAH I THINK SHE MIGHT ACT A LITTLE DIFFERENT IF YOU'RE POISONING HER YOU DIPSHIT. STOP IMMEDIATELY AND TAKE THAT KID TO A DOCTOR.

No no no, the homeopathic remedy causticum.

It's in a dilution where there isn't causticum in it (whatever potency they make it)

That's why there is argument homeopathy is just sugar pills, which i understand the argument.

Lol you made me laugh though

Edited by Ted guy

4 minutes ago, SwiftySpeedy said:

So I've never really been attracted to anyone, and I see that as a personal benefit then a loss to the point that suddenly feeling romantic/sexual attraction would just straight up be my worst nightmare.

In some ways I agree. I mean if I felt those things then I’d probably enjoy that but generally the only “attraction” I feel is libido with no direction.

23 hours ago, Jot-Aro Kujo said:

You didn't read my answer to your post, right? 😜 Ok, here the ultra-short version:

On 6/25/2023 at 2:39 PM, DeltaAro said:

21 hours ago, SwiftySpeedy said:

So I've never really been attracted to anyone, and I see that as a personal benefit then a loss to the point that suddenly feeling romantic/sexual attraction would just straight up be my worst nightmare.

I feel if I were "cured" of my aromanticism, I wouldn't be me anymore.

On 6/25/2023 at 8:54 PM, Ted guy said:

I just wonder why it's that difficult to prove, if it is supposed to be this effective. The evidence from trials is just disappointingly weak or non-existent, but it should be dramatic.

On 6/25/2023 at 8:54 PM, Ted guy said:

Yes, that's a very common argument. But parents might treat the child differently (e.g. become calmer) because they have high expectations that the homeopathic remedy will help, which in turn calms down the child.

For this reason, clinical trials are often double-blinded, i.e. even the doctors treating the patients don't know who's getting the placebo.