Hi there!

April May March

Hello! I found this forum from a post on the r/aromantic subreddit and it looks (both aesthetically and figuratively) awesome!

About me:

I'm trans! It's cool

I only very recently became acquainted with the concept of aromanticism and boy, it's a huge weight off my shoulders. I've been in a couple of romantic relationships and things always felt amiss, but with such complex human interactions it's almost impossible to pinpoint such a vague feeling.

I love making music! I play the saxophone and guitar and make typically lowkey, moody stuff. (I would LOVE to have discussions with anyone about music, discovering new groups/albums is what I live for)

I'm a college student in Oregon from Illinois

It's not too often I come across anyone who identifies as aromantic, so I'm really excited to engage in this community and learn more about y'all :D

Yay my post got one person here!

Anyway - welcome to Arocalypse! :icecream: I'm Kaiger Pufflemander the Fourth, the forum's resident cute rawr machine!

I used to play the saxophone too, but I never got anywhere with it :( Never been romantically involved though O.o

What do you study?

I'm grateful our forum has cute rawr machine :arolove:

I'm a biogenetics major going into my second year! I'm considering a double major in German because (in addition to taking it in high school) I've taken a few classes at the university and enjoyed it lots. 

My only advice for learning an instrument is that you're only finished when you quit. I've quit a few times, but always come back (to both saxophone and guitar) and now I feel some sort of agency to improve.

Thanks for spreading the word on reddit! I'm really excited to meet more aros

3 hours ago, April May March said:

I'm grateful our forum has cute rawr machine :arolove:

I'm a biogenetics major going into my second year! I'm considering a double major in German because (in addition to taking it in high school) I've taken a few classes at the university and enjoyed it lots. 

My only advice for learning an instrument is that you're only finished when you quit. I've quit a few times, but always come back (to both saxophone and guitar) and now I feel some sort of agency to improve.

Thanks for spreading the word on reddit! I'm really excited to meet more aros

Biogenetics sounds hard! And actually, so does German. 

And you're welcome. Rawr!

Hi! I found out/realised I am aromantic a few of days ago. I've never been in a romantic relationship and the thought of being in one does not interest me. It confused me a bit why I didn't want to be in a romantic relationship but I still like cuddling etc, but then I realised that that's normal (especially since i'm allosexual). I'm really happy I found this place since this community just seems so positive and supportive! 

On another note I really like music too! I've been playing the guitar for 4 years now and I sing aswell (even though I'm not that good). I guess I'll see you around haha!

• 2 weeks later...

A cool music person who's also in Oregon?? What are the chances! I'm back and forth between Portland metro area and down near McMinnville for the next month. Still could be pretty far depending on where you're studying (you don't have to share that info), but hopefully that tells you you're not alone. 

Archived