Should I get a pin.

3 minutes ago, SwiftySpeedy said:

Well my parents know and accept it, I am confident In my identity and I'm fine with any questions so I think I'm going to get one.

Yeah, it sorta checks all the mental boxes so if you really want one, go ahead! :D 

Also:  people who don't know the aroace flag but are generally active in today's society will probably be able to tell that your pin is a queer flag (and therefore that you're queer). They just won't know which one it is, so I'd say, only get it if that's something you're comfortable with

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This topic brings me to my own dilemma of wanting to get aromantic pride pins/patches/flags/etc, but my family (other than my brother) don't know that I'm aro. I mean, I kind of already have an aro pin? But it's a pin my friend made of a D&D character of mine who's aro, and I would like a pin that was just the flag. Uhhhg, uncertainty.

32 minutes ago, The Newest Fabled Creature said:

This topic brings me to my own dilemma of wanting to get aromantic pride pins/patches/flags/etc, but my family (other than my brother) don't know that I'm aro. I mean, I kind of already have an aro pin? But it's a pin my friend made of a D&D character of mine who's aro, and I would like a pin that was just the flag. Uhhhg, uncertainty.

I’m honestly considering taking a random pin of mine from my days of robotics and just paint it those colors with sharpie, paper, and tape.

27 minutes ago, HelloThere said:

I’m honestly considering taking a random pin of mine from my days of robotics and just paint it those colors with sharpie, paper, and tape.

Aaaaye, that'd be cool!!

10 minutes ago, The Newest Fabled Creature said:

Aaaaye, that'd be cool!!

Though I'd only get to use it rarely soon because of school being out, but maybe I will at some point. I just need to be alone in the house, and get the time. XD

• Like 1

I have an aro pin on my bag:

2A67E13C-5A04-4098-89A0-2671052A2BC3.jpeg.e7ada431b8ab26d4437cee2748935be3.jpeg

It will definitely prompt questions from friends and family if you’re not out, but when it comes to the general public, I’ve found people don’t comment on it unless they already know what it is. Which is pretty rare. Then again, I’m 25, so… I have no idea what the situation in high school is. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Jot-Aro Kujo said:

It will definitely prompt questions from friends and family if you’re not out, but when it comes to the general public, I’ve found people don’t comment on it unless they already know what it is. Which is pretty rare. Then again, I’m 25, so… I have no idea what the situation in high school is. 

If my parents saw me randomly throwing pins with suspiciously lgbtq colors on them onto my backpack, they'd have a few questions. I mean, the uses for it would be limited but it'd just be nice to have as a sort of reminder. :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jot-Aro Kujo said:

That's amazing! I've recently graduated and don't have a job yet, but once I get that situated and have my own bank acc, I could probably purchase a little pin without it needing to go through any family members that don't know