Hello, I'm new!

Fox

Hello everyone! I am new here on this forum.

You can call me Fox. I am nonbinary and use they/them pronouns. I'm aromantic asexual, non-partnering, and I enjoy close platonic friendships.

I love eating mangos and walking in the woods. My favorite book series is Wings of Fire! (Icewings are supreme) Some shows I like are Demon Slayer and The Good Place. I like philosophy, physics, astronomy, and I'm interested in studying sociology too!

I hope to meet new people and make friends here :)

• Like 10

Omg, I haven't seen many others who watch the good place!! Good show taste :D Anyways!! I hope you enjoy it here!! I'm also kinda new, and I already love the site, so I hope you do too!! :D

36 minutes ago, PumpkinsLinked said:

Omg, I haven't seen many others who watch the good place!! Good show taste :D Anyways!! I hope you enjoy it here!! I'm also kinda new, and I already love the site, so I hope you do too!! :D

Thank you!! :D

• Like 1

Hiiii I'm isa and it's nice to meet you! :)

2 hours ago, Fox said:

I love eating mangos and walking in the woods. My favorite book series is Wings of Fire! (Icewings are supreme) Some shows I like are Demon Slayer and The Good Place. I like philosophy, physics, astronomy, and I'm interested in studying sociology too!

I like basically all of those things too! :) I'm not good at philosophy or physics but I find them interesting. :)

26 minutes ago, Isa1116 said:

Hiiii I'm isa and it's nice to meet you! :)

I like basically all of those things too! :) I'm not good at philosophy or physics but I find them interesting. :)

Nice to meet you too! And that's awesome! I have a hard time with physics too but it's just so cool! And I love having deep philosophical discussions. It's so interesting to hear about other people's perspectives.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AroAcedragon13 said:

Hi, It's nice to meet you. I've been trying to get into the wings of fire series but I just haven't gotten very far with them yet but I like nightwings and icewings are cool too.

It's nice to meet you too! Yeah, nightwings are cool too. I also like the rainwing's ability to change colors. 

9 minutes ago, alto said:

I've seen The Good Place!

Yes! What did you think of it? The message of how anyone can learn to do good things given the right circumstances really formed my views on redemption and morality. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, alto said:

I like how THE GOOD PLACE believes most people are redeemable <3 

I liked that too. Also I just noticed your gender status is "good place Janet", I love that!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Harvest said:

So are there any specific philosophical topics you are interested in?

I particularly like absurdism and existentialism, like I don't believe there's any inherent meaning or purpose to life but that means we have the freedom to make one for ourselves. I also believe that there is nothing in the world that everyone can agree on, because of how diverse the human experience is. This makes humanity as a whole unable to know something for certain and without doubt, because there will always be someone who argues against it. (Still, for the sake of being in a society, it's worth it to agree to call certain things as "truth" for it to function. I'm not saying we should give up the pursuit of knowledge because it invigorates many and is overall productive, this is just fun to think about.) This brings up the issue that I'm grappling with currently: why do most humans want to do good? I and I believe many others think it's very important to have integrity and be kind to other people, but not everyone thinks that. If everyone cannot agree on one thing, how can we say there is an absolute moral guide? If there is no absolute moral guide, how do humans know what they're doing is right? My current theory is that evolution led us to agree on a general set of principles so we work better together. My emotional side doesn't like that theory though, because I just feel so strongly that my moral principles are the "right" ones, even though my logical side knows I don't believe in absolute morals.

• Like 1