As an aromantic, what does physical attraction feel like to you? (If any)

Ted guy

When I feel attraction, it can only be explained by metaphors/images.

It's incredibly complicated.

-----------------------

It's like going to an art show as entertainment.

You walk by interesting paintings, but you don't think much of them.

Then all of a sudden, you find a piece of art that blows your mind!!!

You think to yourself "Wow! This is amazing. Who created this? I would love to get to know them. Maybe I could see more of their work.

After a while though (say 6 months of returning to art show), you get really tired of looking at that same picture over and over though. The initial feeling doesn't last. Plus you have no use for it in your house

You decide to move on and find something else.

-----------------------

That's how I feel in my life.

I know a pair of sisters that their looks blow me away. I can't stop looking at them. But it doesn't mean I want them. 

A good simile could be "I'm like a fan".

However, I do have a couple sexual fetishes, which is critical for my marriage survival.

If it wasn't for the fetishes, I would find it incredibly hard to feel attraction at all.

But that's a totally different story.

Edited by Ted guy

One physical attraction turns out increasingly painful if you're more than a few inches from the ground and there's nothing but air between. I'm sure one doesn't have to be aromantic to agree with this, even aromantics fall for gravity. 😼

• Like 3

Yes I mean sexual attraction.

53 minutes ago, SkyTuneRein said:

One physical attraction turns out increasingly painful if you're more than a few inches from the ground and there's nothing but air between. I'm sure one doesn't have to be aromantic to agree with this, even aromantics fall for gravity. 😼

..........what? Lol

32 minutes ago, Jot-Aro Kujo said:

I'm not quite sure what you mean by physical attraction. Do you mean sexual attraction, or something else?

Yes sexual attraction

On 11/15/2022 at 5:20 AM, AromanticAardvark said:

^ Same for me, it just kind of feels like "whoa they're pretty, I want to have sex with them", not very complicated or poetic I'm afraid

Huh, so if you're aesthetically attracted to someone, you want to have s** with them? 

Or have a swish on them? (term for aesthetic attraction, analogous to crush)

Edited by Storm_leopardcat
Adding the part about swish to the reply!
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Storm_leopardcat said:

Huh, so if you're aesthetically attracted to someone, you want to have s** with them? 

Or have a swish on them? (term for aesthetic attraction, analogous to crush)

Not always, but sometimes I can have both aesthetic and sexual attraction to someone. But usually they're separate, it's like (assuming you have squishes) the difference between platonic attraction and aesthetic attraction -- you might think "wow they're pretty" or "wow they're pretty, I want to be friends with them", but those are different feelings

• Like 1