Is Thor Love and Thunder any good?

Holmbo

I've heard it is a bit of a mess with serious stuff clashing with sillynes. Also having love in the title and ex partners meeting seem to bode romance. For those who've seen it, what did you think?

• 3 months later...
On 7/14/2022 at 2:09 PM, Holmbo said:

I've heard it is a bit of a mess with serious stuff clashing with sillynes. Also having love in the title and ex partners meeting seem to bode romance. For those who've seen it, what did you think?

I’ve watched it last week, mostly because my best friend insisted because she knew I would find it funny. And it was! Directer Taika Waititi has a sense of humor that indeed mixes serious stuff with sillyness that just really clicks for me.

So about the title, the movie is not a romantic one in the usual Hollywood sense. There is some longing looks and

Spoiler

even a love triangle, but it is between Thor, Mjolnir and Stormbreaker so really hilarious in my opinion

Also it is about loss, pretty serious topic but handled quite well.

Oh and there are goats. They steal the show.

All in all a very enjoyable movie with an acceptable level of romance (for my standard)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I dont care that im like 4 months late, every time I see a mention of TLAT I need to say how bad it is 😭

None of the jokes where funny, and none of the movie felt natural. It was all so forced, and some of the characters felt changed just to fit the more,, whatever the fuck they where going for. ALSO JANE. MY GOD I HATE JANE SO MUCH. She is such a self absorbed asshole and my god Thor you can do so much better then hers its been over 10 years please just get over her already. If they bring her back from the dead, I swear to god I will loose it. Also, the plot was so damm dry. Not as bad as the first or 2 movies, but the villain was done poorly, and it was just dumb. Everything just felt so basic and like this was a quick cash grab. One of the worst things to come out of the MCU, hell id put it in the top 5. I really hope marvel doent do more stuff like this, especially after She-Hulk (Thats a rant for another day).

3 hours ago, struggler_ said:

I dont care that im like 4 months late, every time I see a mention of TLAT I need to say how bad it is 😭

None of the jokes where funny, and none of the movie felt natural. It was all so forced, and some of the characters felt changed just to fit the more,, whatever the fuck they where going for. ALSO JANE. MY GOD I HATE JANE SO MUCH. She is such a self absorbed asshole and my god Thor you can do so much better then hers its been over 10 years please just get over her already. If they bring her back from the dead, I swear to god I will loose it. Also, the plot was so damm dry. Not as bad as the first or 2 movies, but the villain was done poorly, and it was just dumb. Everything just felt so basic and like this was a quick cash grab. One of the worst things to come out of the MCU, hell id put it in the top 5. I really hope marvel doent do more stuff like this, especially after She-Hulk (Thats a rant for another day).

I've been hearing the MCU has been going down the tubes. Like a lot of mainstream movies these days. I wouldn't know myself. Frankly I haven't seen or been interested in seeing anything coming out since The Force Awakens.

• Like 1

On 11/7/2022 at 3:51 AM, The Gray Warlock said:

I've been hearing the MCU has been going down the tubes. Like a lot of mainstream movies these days. I wouldn't know myself. Frankly I haven't seen or been interested in seeing anything coming out since The Force Awakens.

I think the tv shows are good, at least the ones I saw, though I get the valid criticisms (I liked Loki but the selfcest... the selfcest ! I wouldn't mind if it was somehow necessary to the plot but it is just so random and useless).

For the movies I only saw Dr Strange who was disapppointing for me, big part because of Wanda being a poor villain, then because it is an insulting to the very good show Wandavision, one of the best thing in the MCU.

Seriously why on earth did they make a tv show about Wanda learning she can't get what she wants by hurting people, just to make a movie where she tries to get what she wants by hurting and killing people ? What was the point ? It makes her reason very superficial, which is even more stupid cause if you haven't seen it, everything about her arc is already superficial in the movie...

Anyway we were talking about Thor. I haven't see the movie, just photos and maybe some parts. Nothing about what I saw made me want to see it, but to be honest, I never liked Thor anyway and never saw one of his movies cause he is probably my least favorite Avenger.

• Like 1