can you still like romance while being aro

v3nus

i’ve been questioning and i’m pretty sure i’m aromantic. i’ve been talking to people who are aro and they all talk about about hating romance and being disgusted by it but i don’t mind it and i actually like it. is that fine?

2 hours ago, v3nus said:

i’ve been talking to people who are aro and they all talk about about hating romance and being disgusted by it but i don’t mind it and i actually like it. is that fine?

yeah, thats fine. lots of aros have different views on romance. 

Some people are disgusted by some romantic actions, some aren't

If yyou want to find other aros with a view on romance more similar to what you describe it might be worth looking for 'romance favourable' aros or maybe romance indifferent/neutral.

• Thanks 1

That depends on what you mean. I'm assuming you mean romance in books a/o movies. I don't particulary mind it, but if I were to list my top 10 favorite films it would be notably absent. Until recently I always assumed that was a guy thing, because that's the stereotype right? I'm not much for romance themed films (The Princess Bride being the one exception), I absolutely loathe romcoms, and I do like seeing romance themes parodied in comedy, like the "Virgin Alarm" scene in Spaceballs. I'm ok with it in movies when it's a part of the character arc and not a trope. In one of my favorite films The Last of the Mohicans, the attraction between Hawkeye and Cora is a pivotal point in the plot. And what would Star Wars be without Han and Leia?

• Like 1