Equalities and Representation forms

Sili

In Europe and the UK, when applying for a job, there will typically be an equalites form which you may choose to fill out. The goal of these forms is to track how representative a company is. These typically track gender, religion and sexual orientation. Im curious how people here would normally fill them, as romantic orientation isnt typically considered.

Do you normally fill out the relevant sections as the apply to you and leave out your aromanticism? Do you add it into another section? (Often an "other" option is specified with an ability to type how you identify). Occationally I have seen just an question such as "Do you identify as being on the LGBTQIA+ spectrum?" If asked that, might you answer differently?

• Like 1

I haven't had any of these yet, although only 1 round of applying so far and stayed in the same work.

To be honest I am probably not going to mention it. I really don't like the idea of giving away things about me unless I absolutely have to so will try my best to avoid them.  (same attitude I take with things like the census as well, if I don't have to say it I am not going to)

• Like 2

Oh I have never seen one of those. I’m self employed now, so probably I won’t for a while.

I guess I would answer ‘other’ then? Kind of depends on the employer though, if I feel they are genuinely trying to be inclusive I will answer truthfully but if they are just collecting brownie points I will not.

• Like 1

On 5/10/2022 at 1:23 PM, Sili said:

In Europe

Which part of Europe? I've never seen it where I live.

I wouldn't fill the 'sexual orientation' part or I'd add 'no sexual orientation, I'm aromantic'  or something like this.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sili said:

I've at least had one offered when I applied for a job in Sweden

It should depend of a country. I think most of people here know the situation in Poland, where I live.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Rony said:

It should depend of a country. I think most of people here know the situation in Poland, where I live.

Yeah, that would make sense actually