qwertyuiop1234567890

Guest friend

Question

Guest friend

I want to talk to my best friend about a situation. But I would have to tell her that the person I'm talking about is gay. That person told me their gay in confidentiality. Is it wrong to share this with my friend, I'm just confiding in her.

5 answers to this question

If saying is a life or death situation, or if it is essential to your own safety, talking about it is justified.

If not, I would advise to not reveal this information. Coming out is a personal choice, and often a difficult one. No matter how much you trust your best friend, it is nit up to you to repeat a personal information, in particular if the other person hopes you won't tell anyone.

Maybe there is a possibility to talk about the situation without mentioning who is involved in it?

Yeah, if that person didn't give you permission to tell others, then don't. They're trusting you with a very personal secret that could potentially put them in danger if leaked. It's not your place to tell others unless they said it's ok.

• Like 2