Hi there

Hi everyone,

my name is Anna and I am an Aro Ace(well, autochorissexual really but not everyone know what that means so I just go with Ace for those not in the know) Gal in her late 20's. Live and work on a Ranch raising livestock and gardening in the beautiful Rocky Mountains of SE British Columbia Canada, and work 3 different jobs on the side to support that life-style(can it be called that when you are not really ever home to enjoy it?).

English is my second language, German my first, although I have to say over the last few years my german has suffered greatly, although I still catch myself trying to mix the grammar from both languages, so if something in my writing seems weird, I am having an off(tired) day and keep mixing up my grammar.

I am a rather hermit-like person outside of work, and according to family even was that way back when I was 3-4 yrs old, punishment for me was when my parents made me invite "friends" from school to play at my house *shudders*. I paid my dues socializing during the day at school/work, I don't want to bring that stress home ! 

Crushes, love, and the whole emotional desperate need of being with a specific person always baffled me, I always thought it to be some sort of obsessive illness/psychosis that those people should go in and get treated for, it doesn't seem healthy.  :eyebrow:  I always chalked this thinking up to my less-than-social character, and maybe the idiots I was surrounded by. 

So my teen years were quite confusing, although I knew I was Ace in my early/mid teens(read about in a medical text I was reading in the school library of all places, and it fit nicely. People are nice, and sex is a totally natural thing but I have no desire to partake).

The Aromantic bit took a little longer to figure, right around the 20 yr mark when I let my mother push me into a relationship with a guy who was very obviously crushing on me, in hopes, maybe you get feelings(both physically and emotionally) for a person after a while- maybe? Possibly? Well, that didn't work out well.

Stumbled over the term "Aromantic" trying to figure out why I don't seem to click at all emotionally with what I judge to be perfectly good people(either male or female), as friends yes, but never more. I even would think to myself:- we get along well, have so much in common, in my friends when I see them get along that well that pre-ludes into a mutual romantic phase between them,- and here I will drop the whole friendship like a hot rock if they hint at romantic interest in me(probably with a look of disgust for the other person having ruined a perfectly good friendship).

Anyways, enough of my rambling.

I am looking forward to a lot of interesting reading on this forum, I am more of a lurker than a participant really.

Hi Anna! Welcome to Arocalypse :icecream: I'm a German native speaker as well though I still live in Germany ^_^ I hope you'll enjoy your time here whether participating or just lurking.

Welcome! Have some ice cream! :icecream: 

I also realized I was asexual before I realized I was aromantic. I think that's true for a lot of aro aces. Sexual attraction was super alien, but romantic attraction seemed less well defined, at least for me. 

Welcome! 

I'm also an autochorissexual, so I know what it means :P

On 2016년 6월 27일 at 3:07 AM, boothcreek said:

Stumbled over the term "Aromantic" trying to figure out why I don't seem to click at all emotionally with what I judge to be perfectly good people(either male or female), as friends yes, but never more. I even would think to myself:- we get along well, have so much in common, in my friends when I see them get along that well that pre-ludes into a mutual romantic phase between them,- and here I will drop the whole friendship like a hot rock if they hint at romantic interest in me(probably with a look of disgust for the other person having ruined a perfectly good friendship).

I hear you- I've felt the same way about being in (romantic) relationships. Also, I've had mixed feelings, sad and annoyed, when the others showed romantic interest in me. I look for an escape route quickly when it happens.:ph34r:

Anyways, hope you enjoy your time here :icecream::icecream: 

Archived