What is your experience with cuddling? Does it make you uncomfortable, how many of you do it? other thoughts?

Ikarus

Interesting that theres quite a split here, but I love cuddling, even if it isnt supposed to be manly, generally not tied to anything either. I would cuddle my male friends just as happily as female.

Cuddles with what Ive come to realise are QPRs are great. Maybe thats the criteria for me?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mysterious_Deity said:

But I’d love if they were also aromantic so the agreement and understanding was it was the comfort and the bond not anything romantic

i'd love if pretty much everyone i wanted some kind of platonic or sexual thing was also aro, so i wouldn't have to worry about them wanting a romantic thing.  'cause that's what it's about: the "agreement and understanding," not whatever it may look like

• Like 1

personally i like cuddling. i dont really care that its sometimes perceived as "romantic" because i do it with friends sometimes and they know that i dont consider it romantic and they dont consider cuddling to be romantic either. idk maybe thats just me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/27/2021 at 3:41 PM, Ikarus said:

I just thought it would be interesting to discuss cuddling. It's something I have never done, and I don’t know if I would ever feel comfortable doing it. There is the idea of cuddling and the reality, if my idea is no where close to reality then I would probably hate cuddling. That would mean I loved the idea of cuddling more than cuddling. 

One of the things about cuddling I like is its not sexual, at least how I see it. The intention behind cuddling would also be important with me. If there are any romantic or sexual intentions, I would feel uncomfortable.

Also I don’t think most guy are into cuddling, at least my straight friends would not at all feel comfortable lmao.... Its a social stigma I suppose, and dudes usually like competing with video games, and the like and not being intimate like this. 

More dudes should cuddle in my opinion, its cool, and it’s alright. It would help the whole male problem with appearing hyper stoic, and emotionless. Feeling is seen as a weakness a lot, and I think its a sign of toxic masculinity. But if your just not comfortable with cuddling as a dude, that’s your thing, do what you wanna do right... But no need to feel awkward by wanting to cuddle with your bro because of social stigmas. 

Anyway, those are my thoughts how about you people. 

I don't mind cuddling with family that much but outside of that and very close friends I'm usually not a big fan of physical touch in general if I'm not initiating it.

• Like 1

On 4/23/2022 at 12:01 PM, lexthemouse said:

I don't mind cuddling with family that much but outside of that and very close friends I'm usually not a big fan of physical touch in general if I'm not initiating it.

Same. I'm also immensely bad at reading physical cues and wouldn't be very good at identifying if someone wanted to hug me unless I said it directly. Sounds cheezy but it works the best for me.