Can you like romance and be aromantic?

Guest Shance

I just don’t really find the sex and romance appealing on a personal level? But I would love having a good friend, someone to cuddle with, hug and have physical affection with.

I do have a sex drive, but don’t find doing it with anyone appealing either.

Just really conflicts with cultural mores, I am supposed to want to have a wife and children and the whole 9 yards, I just don’t. Would much prefer having a best friend live with me, just can’t find it probable long term.

Of course! I'm greyromantic and look at fanart and fanfiction of my favourite couple all the time, and am attracted to fictional characters. I just don't always have the attraction to be "interested" in real people. 

• Like 1

If you enjoy cuddling and hugging, it could be described as sensual attraction.

Being aro/ace doesn't mean that you have to hate romance/sex. There are romance-favourable aros, who don't mind romance, but they just don't want it for themselves. Same goes for sex-favourable aces. Also, having a sex drive has nothing to do with sexuality. Everyone has a sex drive, but whether or not you want to have partnered sex is what determines your sexuality (or lack thereof).

• Like 3