Feeling confused and unsure

Just a Bear

So recently I did a lot of research and questioning on the topic of romantic attraction and discovered I might be aro or greyro. I just never sought out romance and only one time did I actually want to date but dating her we looked like friends and not romantic.

Now that I know this, I find myself asking if I want a relationship and I honestly can’t tell if I do. 

I’ve always thought of myself as romantic so it’s really confusing to think I might be aro or grey. I feel lost, like I lost a part of myself.

Any advice or thoughts? I’m trying to figure out feelings that I barely remember and don”t currently feel. I don’t know what to think.

• Like 1

I don't really have an advice. Identifying as greyro before identifying as aro helped me (I thought I had not intense crushes but no). But I won't advice to do that, because that's not a good reason to identify as greyro (greyro people are not there so aro can feel better or deny their identity, if you see what I mean).

Feeling of lost and confusion will vanish with time, though I guess that's not what you want to hear.

• Like 1

What I’d say is to give it time! It feels confusing and strange now, but you’ve now got so much more to explore!! Keep in touch with your feelings: journal, talk to a trusted friend, post here! Just keep asking yourself questions and give yourself time to ponder the answers.

People here are so incredibly kind and helpful, and I hope you find some more understanding in your identity!

• Like 1