Ways to be hopeful

Guest Optaople

Question

3 answers to this question

I suppose it depends on the kind of the struggle, but one thing you could do is think about how most struggles do tend to end or lessen at some point. It's not forever and things can get better. I personally like to focus on the things I can improve- it can even be something small. You could also think on how you've overcome adversities in the past and feel some strength and pride in that. Sometimes when I'm struggling I think about how, despite the adversities I've faced, I managed to make a relatively nice life for myself, even if there are still things I want to improve. Being grateful for the nice things in your life can also help. Again, this can be for something small. You can even make a list of things you're grateful for or that you find positive in your life (it's sometimes hard at first but you might surprise yourself with how long that list might end up being!).

Nonetheless, I want to mention that while it's good to be hopeful and optimistic, it's also okay to feel down. Life can be hard! You don't have to force yourself into toxic positivity and potentially negating your feelings, even if they are negative. 

I hope that things get better for you and that you manage to become and remain hopeful despite your struggles. 

You can think about things you are good at instead of the things you are struggling with. Remind you of the positive things in your life and not only the negative.

Also try to tell you one thing you like about you everyday. If you don't find any, ask to your friends and family, they'll think about one for you.