Here's a Sign

If you're confused about what you want or don't want, about whether it's okay to want a relationship even though you're arospec, if you're worried nothing will ever work out because you think your orientation just too complicated, here is a sign saying it is possible to for it to work out.

I went through high school questioning my aro identity because I wanted a relationship but I just didn't seem to have romantic feelings. After years of questioning, I settled on the term aroflux, but I don't really feel romantic attraction. Mostly I flux between alterous and platonic attraction for people. I wanted a relationship similar to the commitment and depth of a romantic relationship because I'd never seen anything different. A queerplatonic relationship might've been more up my alley, but I'd never seen one. I didn't know how it would work. Generally, I just felt really lonely. And sometimes I wondered who could ever love me. Someone with fluctuating emotions that aren't even romantic.

But then I came to college. And I found someone who loves me aroflux ace and all. Neither of us are really sure what we feel for each other. A lot of times our feelings aren't romantic. But we decided to give being partners a try. And they make me really happy. My feelings aren't romantic. I'm not even sure they're alterous a lot of the time. But I love them deeply in some way, and I know they love me. It's still a really new relationship, so we don't know where it's going, but I wanted to give you all a little hope. If a relationship is something you want but fear you'll never have, here is a sign that it is possible. Even if you're arospec.

• Like 19

thank you

I love my best friend deeply...but idk if we could ever have a relationship or if it would even be desirable.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, alto said:

thank you

I love my best friend deeply...but idk if we could ever have a relationship or if it would even be desirable.

And that's okay too! I love all my friends deeply, but I wouldn't want to have an exclusive relationship with all of them. I don't know how to explain what makes my relationship with my partner different from what I have with my other friends. Do you want a relationship with your best friend?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
On 3/3/2021 at 11:29 AM, asexualpanda27 said:

Do you want a relationship with your best friend?

I don't know.  I could see myself being happy with any one of my besties at this point.  :) 

• 1 month later...