2021 - Any plans/resolutions?

VecSpec

First things first, happy new year, y'all! Hope everyone at least had a moment to enjoy to close out 2020. Cause for real, screw 2020.

I know there's still so much up in the air, but I wanted to see if y'all had any goals, dreams, whatever you were looking ahead to doing for the year. Doesn't matter how minor or small it is. I'm starting with some basics before I try and tackle the bigger ones: cut out sodas, try and be more mindful of my health, and catch up on practicing more spoken word and poetry...which was a resolution from last year I never got around to. XD

What've you got in mind?

• Like 2

Hey, your plans and goals sound really good. It's always good to look after yourself ?.
My first and biggest goal this year is to change my current major (pharmacy). It is okay, but I'm not really happy or satisfied with it. I'm playing with the thoughts of starting med school or becoming an elementary school teacher (I can imagine both very well). I want to start all over again, the desire is very strong to do so. Maybe also because of 2020. ;)
My second goal is to accept my orientation. I had been struggling with accepting it in the real world (online I'm all about "everyone is valid, be proud of who you are.")
In reality, I had another attempt at a romantic relationship and, of course, it failed horribly (almost lost a friend because of it). Because I like romance and relationships in theory, but not in practice. This hasn't changed and yes, I hoped it would change. The experience showed me that I essentially tried it because I had the strong fear of being alone / being left alone. The experience of just being who you actually are...feels too good.
I'm looking forward to reading more plans and goals. I really like the idea of this thread :arolove:.

Edited by NotHeartless
  • Like 2

Aside from the various art projects I told myself I was gonna do, I think I wanna work on being kinder to myself.

Last year really took a toll on me and my already horrible self esteem. I was still in deep denial of my aro identity and suffered because of it. I had also just gotten out of an emotionally/mentally abusive relationship that year, and the gaslighting that person did made me think horribly about myself.

My goals are: 1. Be more open/accepting of my aro identity, 2. Continue to learn more about the aroace community, and 3. Improve my overall self image.

Edited by GhostyPeppers
  • Like 2

Those sound like some nice plans, folks. All the best, I hope you all can accomplish your goals! 

My plans/goals for this year are to become more involved with activism and building the skills required for this, get back into music (I completely stopped listening to music and playing the violin/piano because I felt "emotionally constipated"), be more patient and accepting of where I am in life now even if it's not my ideal situation, and to put myself out there more (instead of only lurking online and not interacting ?). 

Also to finally publish a research paper I've been working on for three freakin years and be one step closer to finishing my PhD ?

• Like 2