Hello everyone

Hello! I go by Cinnamon and it’s nice to meet all of you. I found arocalypse through constantly lurking on r/aromantic. I’ve been questioning being aroace for a long time, but since I’m in my mid teens I’m not too sure about if I’m a late bloomer or now or to identify with it irl. When I was little, romance was always the thing that happened in movies and romance was just a thing expected of adults. I never had crushes and never even thought enough about them to think I was out of the ordinary until I was 12 and got told I was lying because I had never had a crush. That night I remember thinking about the word aromantic and finding old tumblr reposts of it. I did the song and dance of them constantly trying to find out as much as I could without letting myself admit I identified with it. Even now I doubt myself constantly with the imposter syndrome and trying to convince myself my squishes are crushes. I’ve always had one squish at a time and they were all very strong to the point they could be confused for a crush. I confused the two for years and I probably still would be if I wasn’t romance repulsed most of the time. Luckily my doubts always go away around those people because when I’m spending time with them I’m always like “oh this is all I want being friends. I’m completely happy here”
Of course I could always figure out more about myself because I’m so young, but thank you if you’ve read to the end of this and I can’t wait to see what this place is about.

• Like 3

Welcome! Figuring out one's identity can be a long and confusing process, but an identity/label doesn't have to be permanent. If identifying as aroace feels right to you now but you later on feel differently, that's okay! I hope you can gain some insight here on the forums. 

• Like 1

welcome

On 12/19/2020 at 1:55 PM, With a dash of cinnamon said:

I did the song and dance of them constantly trying to find out as much as I could without letting myself admit I identified with it

nope, nope, nope. I remember doing this for months. This isnt me I just spend hours on end learning about a niche identity for no apparent reason :facepalm:

ah well, good to see you are here. As @Erederyn says, if you feel differently later, that's okay.

• Like 1

Hello, Cinnamon.

I believe that identity is way more adaptable than we often assume, so its fine to identify with what currently makes you feel the most comfortable, even if you might end up reassessing it in the future. I guess many of us question our orientation again and again and that is okay as well.

Welcome to arocalypse!