Hello!!!!!!! Asexual questioning-aromantic here!!!!

Citrus Poppy

Hello!!

Y’all can call me Citrus Poppy, my pronouns are she/her/hers, and I’m a sex-averse asexual who’s currently questioning my romantic identity!! I know I’m hetero-oriented/angled or maybe just heteroromantic, but I’m not sure if what I’ve thought were crushes in the past were squishes!! I’ve never been in a relationship before, so I don’t know what I really think about kissing/dating. I’d be completely fine with just being friends with my previous crushes, though. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 
I started questioning my sexual orientation a few months ago, and it wasn’t too hard to figure out that I’m ace!! As for my romantic orientation, I’m not quite sure!! I just started questioning a few weeks ago!! 

Other than that, I love running, reading, watching movies, dancing, singing, acting, socializing, talking, baking, painting, and a whole bunch of other stuff!! ??

And if you think you may know a specific arospec label that fits me (or I’m just heteroromantic) feel free to let me know!! I won’t take offense about anything, please just no bad words!! Thank you so much and nice to meet y’all!! 

• Like 1

hey!  hard to speculate about your romantic orientation without much information, but the indication that your crushes/squishes have all been on guys leads me to agree that you might be on the spectrum of heteroromanticism.  i say that because i don't think i've ever heard of anyone having squishes/platonic attraction where gender is a factor, like i'm heterosexual af (and aro af) and get squishes on all genders.  so it seems like a sexual/romantic orientation thing, but idk, now i wonder.  but your sentiment about being fine with being friends with them doesn't sound like something many alloromantics would say.  maybe gray-aro or something else on the spectrum?  i'd suggest just seeing how well you relate to experiences shared by aros here, and don't worry about choosing a romantic orientation label to describe your experience--if one feels right, great, if you're not sure, that's fine.   

• Like 1

4 hours ago, aro_elise said:

hey!  hard to speculate about your romantic orientation without much information, but the indication that your crushes/squishes have all been on guys leads me to agree that you might be on the spectrum of heteroromanticism.  i say that because i don't think i've ever heard of anyone having squishes/platonic attraction where gender is a factor, like i'm heterosexual af (and aro af) and get squishes on all genders.  so it seems like a sexual/romantic orientation thing, but idk, now i wonder.  but your sentiment about being fine with being friends with them doesn't sound like something many alloromantics would say.  maybe gray-aro or something else on the spectrum?  i'd suggest just seeing how well you relate to experiences shared by aros here, and don't worry about choosing a romantic orientation label to describe your experience--if one feels right, great, if you're not sure, that's fine.   

at the same time, i don’t see why someone can’t be “heteroplatonic” or what not. i’ve only gotten meshes (alterous attraction; although for me i would describe my experience as an intense form of platonic attraction) on feminine-aligned people. it may depend on your definition of squishes, because even within platonic stuff there’s a lot of nuances to the kinds of friendships you can have.

• Like 1

hi, 

as aro elise says, it is hard to speculate from what you have told us, but it does sound like you might be somewhere aro. I'd put it this way, questioning whether you feel romantic attraction for weeks and joining an aro forum is often a sign.

aside from that, welcome. hope you find what you are looking for.

• Like 2

Thanks y’all!! I really appreciate your help, and I’ll definitely do some more research!! 
I’ve had multiple squishes at the same time, on people I’d never actually go out with or think about kissing so I’m fairly certain those are squishes. But then there’s someone I’d crush/squish on more than everyone else. That’s basically the same feeling, but I know them better and hang out with them more ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Thanks again for actually responding to this, honestly this is a huge forum and I thought my message would just get lost!! :D

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Citrus Poppy said:

Thanks y’all!! I really appreciate your help, and I’ll definitely do some more research!! 
I’ve had multiple squishes at the same time, on people I’d never actually go out with or think about kissing so I’m fairly certain those are squishes. But then there’s someone I’d crush/squish on more than everyone else. That’s basically the same feeling, but I know them better and hang out with them more ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Thanks again for actually responding to this, honestly this is a huge forum and I thought my message would just get lost!! :D

that latter sounds a bit like alterous attraction perhaps? it might be worth exploring it anyway! 

regardless, good luck!

• Like 1