Family' reaction

Venuxxx

Hiiii guys, well I recently discovered myself as aro, although I think it is something that has accompanied me my whole life, and perhaps my family has already suspected at some point.  I think there will be a day when I will have to tell them, because they always tell me that I have to learn to do such a thing when I get married, about my future husband and uncomfortable things like that.  But I think they must have noticed by the way I answer them like: "WHAT, HOW SO ??  HUSBAND???  NEVERRRR URGHHH "hahahahah, I remember when I was a child my mother told me that I could tell her about the boys that I liked ... obviously it never happened because I never liked any boy and if I told her that.  ..she would end up thinking I'm a lesbian, if she doesn't already, the question is that I don't like either of them hahahaha.

how was it with you guys ??  your parents already suspected ??  handled it well ??

Sorry for too long text and sorry for my English hahaahah

I haven’t told any of my family yet. I have just told my 3 closest friends. No one except my grandma asks me about boyfriends occasionally. I kind of wonder if people think anything about me never dating or whatever but I don’t really care. 

I understand wanting to tell family/friends but you don’t have to come out to anyone. Do whatever you feel is best. 

• Like 1

Yes, I agree with you.  I think that only I need to know myself, I wonder what their reaction would be, but I think that wouldn’t matter because I think none of them can change that, I won’t tell anyone, at least for now, until I get to know myself better, maybe.

Mine mostly hoped I would eventually change my mind, or at least be open to change, if it happened to come upon me in the future. At this point, they've pretty much accepted that I am not interested, and in all likelyhood never will be. It's nothing contentious, and they likely would have come to the same conclusion even if I had said nothing.

• Like 1

I've always been very open about not being interested in dating (since before I discovered the term aromantic) and they're fine with it, don't seem to care all that much really. I've never bothered using the label aromantic (or asexual) with them because I don't think they need to know the labels so long as they know not to expect me to bring home a boy/girlfriend.

• Like 1