Hello!

Nagito

Hi! My name is Rony, I’m enby aro ace from Poland. My hobbies are Brazilian soccer, collecting items and creating computer graphics. I love coffee and cats. 
During writing a fanfiction I decided to put an aromantic character and I asked on one group if there are any aros who could share their experiences because I couldn’t understand anything from definitions. After I finished to write the story, I couldn’t stop to think that I can be aro and after a few weeks of thinking about my own experiences I was sure about it.

• Like 2

Hello!  I also love coffee and cats ? 

Funny how we come to realize things about ourselves sometimes, do you think that perhaps you decided to put an aro character in your fanfiction because you already felt drawn to it before you even realized it? 

10 minutes ago, Erederyn said:

do you think that perhaps you decided to put an aro character in your fanfiction because you already felt drawn to it before you even realized it? 

I’m not sure about it, to be honest. But the fun fact is that before I made a demiromantic character without knowing the term ’demiromanticism’. It was when I’ve decided to move my stories to Wattpad and it was the very first fanfiction I published on Watt.

• Like 1

Dope! I write fanfic too, and I've written aro characters for years, since way before I even had an inkling that I was aro too. I sort of reverse-engineered the concept as a reverse alloromantic-asexual, and I kept writing characters who were comfortably allosexual and extremely romance repulsed. Didn't realize until way later that that was all projection, lol! The kicker is that most of that stuff was shipping, too! Looking back at it now, it's pretty clear that all I was writing was a good friendship + physical attraction-- again, projecting my own point of view. Welp!

Anyway, welcome to the forum-- hope to catch you around :)

On 11/19/2020 at 11:17 PM, Queasy_Attention said:

Dope! I write fanfic too, and I've written aro characters for years, since way before I even had an inkling that I was aro too. I sort of reverse-engineered the concept as a reverse alloromantic-asexual, and I kept writing characters who were comfortably allosexual and extremely romance repulsed. Didn't realize until way later that that was all projection, lol! The kicker is that most of that stuff was shipping, too! Looking back at it now, it's pretty clear that all I was writing was a good friendship + physical attraction-- again, projecting my own point of view. Welp!

When I was already aware about aromanticism, the very first aro character I created to my story was an allosexual aromantic man. Aromantic and asexual men deserve more love.

22 hours ago, Rony said:

the very first aro character I created to my story was an allosexual aromantic man.

Yoooo ??? I wrote aroallo dudes all the time-- I thought I was being so clever, subverting tropes. See, see, instead of having the normal personality trait of being all nervous about sex and needing to go slow with someone they trust, I'd do it backwards-- my characters would be totally comfortable w/sex, but then the moment actual dating came up they'd get all uncomfortable and have to go slow. TURNS OUT THEYRE JUST ARO LOL WHO KNEW

35 minutes ago, Queasy_Attention said:

Yoooo ??? I wrote aroallo dudes all the time-- I thought I was being so clever, subverting tropes. See, see, instead of having the normal personality trait of being all nervous about sex and needing to go slow with someone they trust, I'd do it backwards-- my characters would be totally comfortable w/sex, but then the moment actual dating came up they'd get all uncomfortable and have to go slow. TURNS OUT THEYRE JUST ARO LOL WHO KNEW

My aroallo character was in a gay love triangle, haha. He was a sexual partner to main character who was demisexual demiromantic and the main fell in love in an allo gay. There was a situation that main character told to his sexual friend that he fell in love with other guy and this friend wasn’t annoyed with it or whatever, he accepted this fact. They ended up living together and being happy with each other, no jealousy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Queasy_Attention said:

Yeeessss, I ADORE the trope of the good-natured aro sex buddy who cheers his allo friends on

I think it’s important to show various situations. In other story the main character was sex-repulsed romance-repulsed aroace and when his friend revealed him he fell in love with him, it made the main character to feel uncomfortable.

Woah, you're from Poland? Me too! I only know three people on ace spectrum from my country, and none od them are on the aro spectrum. I also don't know a lot of nonbinary people, I only have four close friends who are enby. Nice to see another aroace from my country! :D

oh, and you also love cats. and you even have wattpad! I have it too, I like to write in my free time.

Edited by Alexander

2 hours ago, Alexander said:

Woah, you're from Poland? Me too! I only know three people on ace spectrum from my country, and none od them are on the aro spectrum. I also don't know a lot of nonbinary people, I only have four close friends who are enby. Nice to see another aroace from my country! :D

oh, and you also love cats. and you even have wattpad! I have it too, I like to write in my free time.

So, now you know a person from aromantic spectrum! I know some aros from Poland, there’s a group for Polish aros on Facebook and I’m active person there. You only need to search for ’Aromantyczność’ and you should find it!

I know many transgender and nonbinary persons, also on Instagram.

Yeah, I have a Wattpad account and I like writting stories, but they’re strange to others I think. XD

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rony said:

So, now you know a person from aromantic spectrum! I know some aros from Poland, there’s a group for Polish aros on Facebook and I’m active person there. You only need to search for ’Aromantyczność’ and you should find it!

I know many transgender and nonbinary persons, also on Instagram.

Yeah, I have a Wattpad account and I like writting stories, but they’re strange to others I think. XD

thanks! I'll check it out (the group) for sure

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rony said:

If you’d want to, you can also send to me a message on Facebook.

Sure! However I'm kinda busy rn, so I'll probably won't do it right away. I am still in school and there is too much going on all at once. I'll make sure to message you later, like in a week or few! I shouldn't even be here now, since I have an assigment to do (':

4 minutes ago, Alexander said:

Sure! However I'm kinda busy rn, so I'll probably won't do it right away. I am still in school and there is too much going on all at once. I'll make sure to message you later, like in a week or few! I shouldn't even be here now, since I have an assigment to do (':

No problem!