Front page content managers

Blue Phoenix Ace

The front page at www.arocalypse.com is not very good. We need to add at least a little bit of content here. If you would like to manage the front page for the time being, please respond here. It will be up to you to figure out what pages should be made and the formatting. If you want to ask others to help write content, then that is good too.

It uses Wordpress which is super easy to work with. If you aren't familiar with it, you should be able to pick it up fairly quick. Thanks!

The deadline for volunteers to come forth is April 10th, midnight EDT. Thanks in advance for all willing to help out!

Lol read this last night or something and never replied... I also how no idea how helpful I'd be either *has never used WordPress* and I don't know what kind of things belong on a front page but I can learn and I'd love to help!

On 4/3/2016 at 1:57 AM, Robin said:

I have used WordPress for ages

*throws in another pokeball*

I imagine that you'll end up being the manager, as you're the only respondent thus far to have substantial WordPress experience (though I've touched it once or twice). I can help out with the content creation once we get working on that.

Trust me, Wordpress is easy to learn. If you can respond to these posts, then you can create pages in Wordpress. Even if you are super scared of Wordpress, if you can write an article about some aspect of aromanticism, then you can help out.

Although I'm not super experienced in Wordpress, I have used it for a project before and I can second that it's not hard to learn.  From what I remember it was pretty simple, and I didn't need to tap into any computer knowledge to do what I needed. :)  

6 hours ago, deltaX said:

Although I'm not super experienced in Wordpress, I have used it for a project before and I can second that it's hard to learn.  From what I remember it was pretty simple, and I didn't need to tap into any computer knowledge to do what I needed. :)  

I'm confused, are you saying it's hard to learn or easy to learn?

How many people are you taking? It would be nice to have many people on board.

Also, WordPress is much easier to use than many other content management systems like Joomla or Drupal.

2 hours ago, RedNeko said:

I'm confused, are you saying it's hard to learn or easy to learn?

I meant NOT hard to learn, but typoed and forgot the not :ph34r:

I'll edit my post now.

I'm not a candidate for main manager, as I wouldn't have enough spare time for it on long term, but if ever you need additional help in case of emergency, with site maintenance and / or moderating blog comments... I have 10 years of experience as a webmaster, admin and moderator.

4 hours ago, Simowl said:

Is the front page still accessible? It always seems to take me straight to the forums.

The main URL takes you straight here until we get the front page sorted. You can still visit it at www.arocalypse.com/index.

Archived