Introduction I guess?

Hey! My name is Lucas, but you can simply call me Ghosty! (He/they) I have recently been identifying as aromantic (possibly freyromantic) after trying to force myself into a typical alloromantic lifestyle. I have been in 4 romantic relationships before I realized what the problem was; I didn't actually feel romantically attracted to them. It was either sexual or sensual attraction I was experiencing, sometimes I think it might have been a really strong platonic attraction. Whatever those feelings were does not matter now. I have broken many hearts due to either a confusion of feelings or the loss of actual attraction in general. I don't know what else to talk about, but if anybody has any questions about my personal experiences, I would be more than happy to answer.

I just need to be in an accepting community because everybody I know is allo in some shape or form, which isn't bad, but it can feel isolating sometimes.

Oh, besides the aro stuff, I also do a lot of art. I still like shipping fictional characters as much as the next guy. IRL romance just does not mix with me.

I hope I did the introduction correctly?

• Like 2

Ayyy welcome to the club Ghosty! I'm right there with you on so many points-- confusing platonic/sensual/physical attraction with romantic attraction, having some nasty breakups/loss of friends as a result, wanting to be around other people who Get It, and also liking romance in media! Hope to see you around the forums :)

• Like 1

Hi and welcome! :) There's no particular format for intros so whatever you want is good. I'm glad you're here to find some well-needed community. Come join us with some aro ice cream: :aroicecream:

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Neir said:

Hi and welcome! :) There's no particular format for intros so whatever you want is good. I'm glad you're here to find some well-needed community. Come join us with some aro ice cream: :aroicecream:

Thank you!! :0

It looks delicious

• Like 1