Hello all!

Hello! I'm feather. I'm still trying to figure myself out. I tend to use "bi-grey-aroace" to describe my orientation. All of my attraction seems to just be aesthetic. I've had crushes, but always from afar -- boys I never talked to growing up, fictional characters. The one time I was in a relationship, I mostly enjoyed the novelty of it. For a long time I craved a relationship... but then I got help for my anxiety and depression, and those cravings generally went away. I think I just thought a romantic relationship would fill the hole mental illness had dug in me. Once I was healing, I stopped needing that, and now I just... don't care? I like being single. I like the strong, completely platonic relationship/partnership I have with my BFF (who is aroace). I like my life!

I figure, if I don't have a desire for a romantic (or sexual) relationship, and I've never met anyone that honestly makes me want a romantic relationship with them, that puts me at least on the arospec. I use the grey modifier because I don't like absolutes -- I don't know but what I'll meet someone tomorrow who turns all of that upside down. I highly doubt it, though. I fully expect to spend my life hanging out with my BFF and admiring fictional characters.

So that's me! 

• Like 1

Hello there Feather, so glad that you got yourself figured out ^^ and also that your mental health is better. Hope that your life continues being that good or even better ^^. Here (insert tasty key lime pie and coffee)

• Like 1

On 6/10/2020 at 8:45 AM, feathersflight said:

- I don't know but what I'll meet someone tomorrow who turns all of that upside down. I highly doubt it, though.

I feel the same way. Like, never say never. However, it’s about as likely as waking up one morning in the DC universe as Wonder Woman. Like, could this happen? Sure, why not. Will it? Not likely. 

• Like 1

Thank you all! 

On 6/12/2020 at 9:56 AM, Monty said:

I feel the same way. Like, never say never. However, it’s about as likely as waking up one morning in the DC universe as Wonder Woman. Like, could this happen? Sure, why not. Will it? Not likely. 

Right? I mean, it doesn't help that I'm staying home and not going out where I could meet people right now... but that means I'm about as social as usual. ;) 

On 6/14/2020 at 6:48 AM, feathersflight said:

I'm staying home and not going out where I could meet people right now... but that means I'm about as social as usual. ;) 

Feel you! Introverts for the win!