Friends?

Adriano

Everything what I've wanted for 7 years is a real friendship. The real friendship, where I will be understood. I've never met someone like me - about 18 years old acearo Christian(I'm catholic). For me friendship is almost the most important thing in my life(more important is only my passion, which is better friend for me that any human has ever been, but you know, passion is not human) and the best relation in the world, but I haven't found anyone that I would tell him everything and he will be understand or just really support me, if he wouldn't understand. I just feel so lonely, only because I don't want sex, to hold hands, kissing etc..., because everyone have something "better", "funnier", because I think I'm the victim of time, everyone around me changed and wants something that for me is not to understand and I just don't like it(I mean relationship all the time). And that's why I have to be lonely? Because for someone I never can be as important as that someone is important to me and I just feel treated unfair?

• Sad 1

Just wanted to give you some reassurance here - I'm turning 19 soon, and felt the same way you did in about my sophomore year of high school. You don't have to be lonely and just because you haven't found someone who you're close to yet doesn't mean you never will.

From a Christian (Methodist :D ) to a Christian, God will put people in your path, and there might be someone with your same experience, or there will be someone that understands. You will find friendship and comfort. Right now, everyone's figuring out who they are, and that means a loooot of focus on relationships for some people, but you don't have to be lonely. Just keep reaching out and you will find friendship.

(Ps: Always here for you. ❤️ Let me know if we can do anything.)

• Like 1

At that age everybody is so obsessed with love. Later people have other interrest (job, home, family, children, business) so it's nice if you can find at least one in common with them. Sadly most people don't go back to strongly valuing frienships, except maybe in the times that they breakup with their SO. I'm trying to find like minded people too.

• Like 1

Hi, Adriano. I'm so sorry you're feeling lonely and left out! I know not all queer spaces may seem welcoming to catholics, but have you tried connecting to any queer religious groups? Of course nobody can really go out and meet up right now, but maybe try looking around meetup.com and contacting any organizers for meetups that interest you or reaching out to any local queer orgs and seeing if they know anyplace relevant for queer religious folk. A lot of people and groups that can't meet up right now are doing remote meetings. You might have better luck once we've got a better handle on current health events or you might find good luck with social media groups and such popping up now. There are definitely people who understand what you're feeling out there and who have similar experiences to you.

Agreed that mid-late teens is a difficult time with people around you getting caught up in relationships and figuring out how to balance these new relationships with their friendships. Keep trucking - I have hope things will get better for you!