Missing out

D0NN13_D1N0

I understand how you feel. But you know what? Sometimes I like, look at a Pokemon card I really like, and then I get so overwhelmed I'm like damn allos need to have whole ass social arrangements in order to feel the Special Good? Whaaaat? I don't need a partner, I already have Mewtwo, they are very good and very shiny and I would die for Mewtwo. Thanks for coming to my TED talk

• Like 3

On 3/17/2020 at 2:29 AM, Jot-Aro Kujo said:

I understand how you feel. But you know what? Sometimes I like, look at a Pokemon card I really like, and then I get so overwhelmed I'm like damn allos need to have whole ass social arrangements in order to feel the Special Good? Whaaaat? I don't need a partner, I already have Mewtwo, they are very good and very shiny and I would die for Mewtwo. Thanks for coming to my TED talk

haha yeah and i get very invested in my interests, for example if i'm going through an obsession with a band that is literally all i think about and listening to them will give me immense joy and i will absolutely cry over them so i get where you're coming from?

2 hours ago, Alexrobinmc said:

haha yeah and i get very invested in my interests, for example if i'm going through an obsession with a band that is literally all i think about and listening to them will give me immense joy and i will absolutely cry over them so i get where you're coming from?

Same.

Falling in love makes people happy, yes, but it is only one of the thing that makes people happy. There are a lit of other things that bring joy in our lives, so I don't bother with something I don't have.

Also, if it help, think about this. I love chocolate. Eating it is wonderful. A little bit of joy. And yeah, I think everybody should taste it because this is amazing. But some people don't like chocolate. No matter how they eat it, they hate the taste. Are they wrong? No. Are they missing something? No. There are other things they love, but not that. And they can't force themselves, it will bring them pain.

Same for love. It brings joy to some people, and it makes other uncomfortable. It is not that you missing something, but that you don't need the same thing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nonmerci said:

Same.

Falling in love makes people happy, yes, but it is only one of the thing that makes people happy. There are a lit of other things that bring joy in our lives, so I don't bother with something I don't have.

Also, if it help, think about this. I love chocolate. Eating it is wonderful. A little bit of joy. And yeah, I think everybody should taste it because this is amazing. But some people don't like chocolate. No matter how they eat it, they hate the taste. Are they wrong? No. Are they missing something? No. There are other things they love, but not that. And they can't force themselves, it will bring them pain.

Same for love. It brings joy to some people, and it makes other uncomfortable. It is not that you missing something, but that you don't need the same thing.

It really does make a lot of sense when you think about it, strange how the media is so obsessed with love, there's so many other cool things that are much more entertaining! But yeah i do think movies and songs and everything about romance is what lead to that feeling of missing out, without it it would just be another thing someone else liked that i didn't (beer for example)

• Like 1