1, 2 Vocaloid Fanclub!

Nai

Silently references this song 9_9

Anywaaaay, after mentioning it in my welcome thread, I decided to make a thread for Vocaloid fans or those interested in or thinking about joining the Vocaloid fandom!! Mm, I guess this is just for general Vocaloid discussion, and sharing your favorite Vocaloid songs? :)

I'm a HUGE Vocaloid nerd (in case you can't tell xD ) so I always wanted to have a thread exclusively for Vocaloid! My favorite Vocaloid is Len Kagamine, though I listen to many other Vocaloids. :)

Ooh! Your second video was made by producer Neru! They make a lot of songs with Len's partner character, Rin! Their songs can be kinda dark though;; Here are my top two of their songs!!

Heads up! I also made an AVEN equivalent thread! Maybe it won't get buried forever! xD 

I listened to Vocaloid a bit but never really listened to loads of it... My brother has one of the Hatsune Miku games on PS3 (I would play it but I have terrible rhythm... >.>) and I like most the songs on there, so...

I really like this song :D

1 hour ago, Simowl said:

I listened to Vocaloid a bit but never really listened to loads of it... My brother has one of the Hatsune Miku games on PS3 (I would play it but I have terrible rhythm... >.>) and I like most the songs on there, so...

I really like this song :D

Reveal hidden contents

Oh! It's a really fun game though!! :)

And I love the person who made that song, Jin! Though I think this is my favorite of their songs:

I love love love vocaloid! V Flower, GUMI, and Nekomura Iroha are my favorites!

Some of my all-time favorite songs are:

- ECHO by Crusher-P feat. GUMI

- Two Breaths Walking by DECO*27 feat. Hatsune Miku (I've consistently liked this song since I discovered vocaloid in my tweens, so it has a special place in my heart)

- Sea Lily Deep Sea Tale by n-buna Feat. Hatsune miku

- The Forgotten Song by Natsu Feat. Hatsune Miku

My favorite producers are:

DECO*27, the late powapowa-P, and Hachi-P/Yonezu Kenshi

I also listen to quite a lot of UTAU c:

1 hour ago, Namakemono said:

I love love love vocaloid! V Flower, GUMI, and Nekomura Iroha are my favorites!

Some of my all-time favorite songs are:

- ECHO by Crusher-P feat. GUMI

- Two Breaths Walking by DECO*27 feat. Hatsune Miku (I've consistently liked this song since I discovered vocaloid in my tweens, so it has a special place in my heart)

- Sea Lily Deep Sea Tale by n-buna Feat. Hatsune miku

- The Forgotten Song by Natsu Feat. Hatsune Miku

My favorite producers are:

DECO*27, the late powapowa-P, and Hachi-P/Yonezu Kenshi

I also listen to quite a lot of UTAU c:

Yassss!! I love DECO*27 and Hachi:D Powapowa made really great songs, too, hearing about his passing made me really upset.

Two Breaths Walking!! I listen to that song all the time! :D 

I don't listen to UTAU a lot, but I have the program on my computer (if I ever wanted to make an UTAUloid? xD )

@Nai

Hachi and DECO*27 were my first finds! I actually made a very good friend after introducing them to Hachi!! We're still friends today and sometimes he mentions "hey remember when we bonded over Matryoshka?" which gives us a good laugh! We still love that song though!

You have UTAU? Wow i'm jealous! I've always wanted to make an UTAU but I have a mac...and as far as I know the UTAU program for mac hasn't gotten much attention...

@Namakemono ah man that sucks D: Matryoshka was one of the songs I listened to when I first got into Vocaloid!! I play it on Project Mirai DX a lot xD

I do, but it's really complicated! ...And in Japanese. :'D I had to memorize what certain buttons do. I don't think I'm experienced enough to know how to make an UTAUloid just yet. But when I downloaded it, it came with Teto Kasane's voicebank! Which was nice if I ever wanted to make a song with Teto :D

I shared it on the AVEN equivalent thread, but here is the first Vocaloid song I listened to.

@Nai

Oooo you have one of the vocaloid games too? Sweet! Rhythm games look like so much fun, and I tell myself that if I were to ever get into them, I'd pick a Vocaloid one first.

UTAU doesn't come in english/english translation? I vaguely remember it did but I'm probably wrong. Kudos to you though, for memorizing buttons!!

Teto has a nice voice. Even though it sounds more robotic than your average vocaloid, I think it has something human-like trait in it that the vocaloids lack. I get that vibe from most UTAUs. It's probably due to the fact that they're voiced by average everyday people instead of professional singers and VAs I guess? I don't know.

Hoo boy, I remember Honey. That was a vocaloid song I listened to pretty early on, too. 2008?? Aw geeze I'm getting flashbacks to middle school...those were some cringeworthy days for the vocaloid fandom. Hard to believe that was like a golden era for it.

I don't even remember this fan version of Meiko's name. I know I used to really like her, even prefer her over Meiko, but I'm glad thats not the case now. Meiko got some voicebank updates and imo completely outshines this fan version by miles.

@Namakemono Yep!! I love to play it, though my friends find the features kind of weird (like petting them in the Diva Room, lol) :P

I haven't opened UTAU in a long while, to be honest, but I remember mine being in Japanese. I'm not sure if there is an English one, though you might be right! I have the Japanese one though... xD 

Actually, The Disappearance of Hatsune Miku was probably my true first Vocaloid song (someone posted it on Facebook I think) but I only listened to the first few seconds and went "meh". But then I stumbled across Honey one day, and that was what threw me into the Vocaloid fandom! :x

• 1 month later...
On 4/29/2016 at 8:19 AM, Nai said:

Heads up! I also made an AVEN equivalent thread! Maybe it won't get buried forever! xD 

Ironically, I didn't find the current thread:facepalm:until I saw the AVEN equivalent pop up (due to kelico's post) at the main forum page right now.

I can't say I have a favorite character overall, so I'll award in several nominations:

Eye candy - Hatsune Miku (surprise, surprise) followed by GUMI, Nekomura Iroha, SONiKA, and Macne Nana

Voice (generally, but esp. for metal purposes) - Megurine Luka

All-around (decent voice + decent appearance) - flower

It's safe to say I haven't researched Vocaloid nearly well enough, especially because I'm only into (:euphemism:) female androids.

It sounds more like he's trying to rap but can't help kissing Miku's shoulder in the process.

Tonio x Miku is a decent duo too.

It's funny that one of their covers reminds about our overlord's ranch :aropride: There are romantic references, though. Also funny is that, due to being old, the song is allowed to have the c-word in it.

• 1 month later...
On 6/8/2016 at 2:04 PM, Starry Sky said:

This song sort of confuses me. is Len rapping??

Hide contents

Len has a history of attempting to rap. xD The song "Never" that I posted in the AVEN thread is a good example.

• 3 months later...

I wouldn't call myself a "Vocoloid Nerd" per say, although I greatly enjoy listening to their music. My absolute favorite song of theirs is most of the Story of Evil songs. My favorite Vocoloid is Kagamine Rin and Kagamine Len. 9_9

Image result for vocaloid gif

Archived