Question for sexual aromantics

BlueKumul

Do you combine squishes with sexual attraction?

IIRC I had like 4 squishes in my life. In two cases there was sexual attraction, in two other there was none.

No, not really. I don't have squishes a lot, if at all. I only experience sensual and sexual attraction when I see someone I like. I just don't have a drive to actively find friends. I don't want to have sex with my friends.

I can, but it's not a requirement. I am in a committed emotionally intimate relationship with someone who I am sexually attracted to, but I can find people hot without having a desire for emotional intimacy or the reverse.

6 hours ago, gravityspiker said:

I can find people hot without having a desire for emotional intimacy or the reverse.

Even romantic people can, let alone us.

1 hour ago, gravityspiker said:

Maybe I misunderstood your question -- I thought you were asking about the relationship between desire for emotional and physical intimacy.

No, you understood it perfectly.

Finding someone "hot" (physically attractive) usually correlates with desire for physical intimacy. Today I saw a girl with wonderful waist, and I fantasised about touching her there, although I don't know her.

Emotional and spiritual intimacy don't need to correlate with sexual desire. One of my friends is 47, I'm not attracted sexually to women this age but emotionally I enjoy her companionship.

So it seems we are similar.

• Thanks 1