Why Do You Identify as Gray-romantic?

Starry Sky

I identify as grey-romantic because while I definitely don’t fit with romantic, I also have some parts of the past that conflict some with aro. I very rarely have crushes, and even then, I don’t feel strongly and could care less. I don’t and will not expand or get into relationships. Even if I meet someone who is ok, I need to have really strong feelings for and known for a long time before I would think about expanding anything. And so far that has been pretty much  zero people. I feel like I am closer to aro than romantic, but due to some past statistics, I can’t completely fit with aro. 

I hope that while writing this I didn’t offend  anyone by misusing or misunderstanding aro label. 

• Like 2

I'm late to the party but imma post anyways! Ok; I just recently discovered this term and I felt like it perfectly fit me! I went from the girl of many crushes all in my childhood to (after the guy I liked confessed he liked me back) nothing. That was four and a half years ago and I've not experienced anything more than aesthetic attraction to anyone. I've wondered if I'm litho too? Idk right now. But I've forever been uncomfortable with being touched by anyone but family, including close friends, let alone by the opposite gender! I've come to know that touch repulses me some days (most days actually I think) and I've romantically become as active as a potato! Does anybody else feel like I do? I've never met another aro spec person so it would be cool if anyone else could relate? 

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
Guest korea grey wmon

I want affection, deep relationships.
You want to be romantic with someone,
No matter how much I met someone, I couldn't easily find my attraction.

The ones who felt intense love
good-looking, good-natured,
He was a variety of students, including his intimacy.

And if you meet someone who fits your ideal type,
There was no intense attraction.

And if you meet someone who fits your ideal type,
There was no intense attraction.

Demomantic requires deep emotional interaction so that you can feel romantic attraction. 
I wonder if I can be attracted to you even if you become close or handsome.
It is uncertain.
So I think it belongs to the grey romantic category.

• 4 months later...
Guest Just a random peep

Well, I have done some google researching and found out I might be asexual, asensual and maybe gray-romantic. I have only had 3 crushes in my life. I always felt like an odd ball out, out of everyone in my life. Now I feel like I might have found myself. When I see people in love I get grossed out, sometimes I do experience crushes but I get disgusted by it, I guess I get disgusted by love. I sometimes desire for a relationship, but I don't want it to be too romantic or platonic. Is this being gray-romantic? I need a bit of help.

• 2 months later...

I kinda realized I was gray aro because I had two crushes in my entire life and when people said they had celeb crushes or kissed I just couldn’t relate. 
 I also joined a gsa and was trying to figure out my sexuality and I just didn’t find myself really attracted to many genders or people in general. I questioned being aro, but realized I had a crush. I really just came to terms with it when I found that my friends had dozens of crushes. So I’m happily Gray-Aro and will continue kicking this life!

I discovered I'm not "purely aromantic" but rather grayromantic. It's because I sometimes feel some sort of attraction which isn't really platonic but also not really romantic.
Might be alterous attraction then (besides sensual, aesthetic and platonic attraction which I experience [except for sensual attr.] rather frequently). I also still have a hard time to distinguish platonic and romantic attraction because to me it feels the same. It's really indistinct since I take my friendships just as serious as an alloromantic would probably take their romo relationship. The latter makes me uncomfortable and I don't desire it even when I like someone a lot (to my standards). I think gray fits me the best that's why I use it.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest GracefulGlaceon

I don’t really identify as grey-romantic. I could be, however because I’ve only had 2 crushes before and one of them only lasted until the person found out I liked them. I haven’t had a crush in four years but I like the idea of an relationship and I would like to be in one. I identify as asexual and panromantic. I may be grey-aro, but currently it’s not my biggest concern, it’s more my gender

• 1 year later...

I identify as gray because I've had feelings for someone before and they have lasted for years. But a real relationship with them is not possible. I haven't liked anyone else in 10 years. Sometimes the concept of a romantic relationship makes me uncomfortable and other times I really want a romantic "friendship." However, the sheer infrequency and unpredictability of my feelings is mainly why I identify this way.

I discovered the term aromantic a few years ago after realising I rarely experienced romantic attraction, but thought just aro on its own did not encompass my full experiences -- I have been attracted to people in the past but only on very rare occasions. I then found the greyromantic label, which fit my bill.