Art Thread

Carson:)

14 hours ago, Nix said:

Perfection 👌🏻

Now that AI generated art has won a fine arts competition, you'd think that at least nobody has to do manual image vectorization anymore, which is not very creative. 🙂

But the quality of automatic vectorization is still so much inferior. It is like the algorithm has no feeling for the strokes and smoothes out important corners while overemphasizing sharp turns that are just an artifact of the low resolution.

tempfile.png.903c343ba4050956c9abd5b711603b1f.png

Aardvark Samurai (generated by Pixray)

... disturbing 🤨

Edited by DeltaAro
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, sevan said:

first post here god bless

image.png?width=1165&height=909Untitled_Artwork.jpg?width=1165&height=1103

Woah awesome! I love the dynamics of your drawings 👌🏻

4 hours ago, EGGHEAD said:

oh nice there's an art thread here too

here's my only real aro related piecebottom_shelf_by_hewhomainsness_df9rg8p-f

Really like what you did with the colours here

• Like 4

1 hour ago, 96Neko said:

Its my second drawing i've ever did and i'm not talented! But here my aro theme drawing

IMG_20220926_134834.jpg

Nice! Does the character have an aro talisman stuck to their face to ward off romantic advances?

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Nix said:

Nice! Does the character have an aro talisman stuck to their face to ward off romantic advances?

Yes and the Talisman behind him has the Chinese sign for arrow as another reference to the aromanticism theme. 

• Like 1

On 9/26/2022 at 6:23 AM, EGGHEAD said:

bottom_shelf_by_hewhomainsness_df9rg8p-f

Yes, this theme is totally aro. "The bottom shelf". So cute and sad at the same time. Very great pixel art!!

It should be part of the aro gallery, IMHO! If you would give your permission, of course.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DeltaAro said:

"The bottom shelf"

that's what i titled it, actually

1 hour ago, DeltaAro said:

It should be part of the aro gallery, IMHO! If you would give your permission, of course.

yeah go ahead

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/5/2022 at 2:02 AM, Nix said:

Ok so @roboticanary has reached 1000 posts, yay! And he mentioned wanting (someday) to look into an achievement system of sorts. Well why don't we help a bit by creating some achievements?

I made 4 to be used for post milestones, so maybe an award for a first time poster (a tadpole early stage), one at a 100 posts (tadpole late stage), at 500 posts (frog) and at 1000 posts (the rare Beelzebufo)!

Frogs.png.206f817e6511b8160ff0e3fe46c31274.png

These are a little useless at the moment since they are not vector based and will look horrible when resized, but I hate vectorizing bitmaps so that will have to wait ;)

Well, considering the number of people I have seen who have this achievement, it doesn't appear so rare, after all. Although, that is perhaps due to the most active members here also being some of the oldest members on this forum?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Storm_leopardcat said:

Well, considering the number of people I have seen who have this achievement, it doesn't appear so rare, after all. Although, that is perhaps due to the most active members here also being some of the oldest members on this forum?

Well right now the achievement of Beelzebufo is given to people who have reached the highest rank, and that is a little easier to achieve then a 1000 posts. I ‘only’ need 175 points more to reach the great frog myself :beelzebufo:

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Nix said:

Well right now the achievement of Beelzebufo is given to people who have reached the highest rank, and that is a little easier to achieve then a 1000 posts. I ‘only’ need 175 points more to reach the great frog myself :beelzebufo:

I need 238 points only, myself! Huh, am I going to be the person who would achieve all of the achievements in the shortest period of time, since making an account and joining Arocalypse?

Great achievement, by the way, Nix!

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

I like character design but all I make is fanart. I easily solve this problem by creating human designs for characters who are anthro objects or animals, and vice versa. It's good practice I think, even though I already have my own original characters. Fanart is just more fun. 

Humans/furries are one of my favourite things to draw. Here's Warren the Eagle.

warto.png.5f1dc940cae9d3cbd4dae817676d0824.png