Something I saw on Facebook

Zema

So one of my friends has been liking a lot of posts on gay rights on facebook. Anyway, someone commented on one of the posts they liked and I just thought I had to shared it with you guys.

VJDJK3Y.png

Thank you random person on the internet, you just made my day.

I don't know why marrige is so important to society these days, its literally just 2 people announcing they are together, as if everyone didn't already know. It reallys excludes polyromantic or aromantic people it sucks.

Marriage seems kind of stupid to me. At least, it does in the context of legal situations. Why is everything suddenly different and "more official" once you have a fancy ceremony that says you will be together forever? People get divorced all the time. There's no way to "marry" someone platonically really, which is stupid because not everyone who lives with someone else is their romantic partner and wants to get married. What if two siblings lived in a house together? They really wouldn't have any legal ties compared to a married couple.

• 1 year later...

Last I heard Centrelink support payments favour unmarried people. Once you get married if the wife picks up more shifts at work the husband's payments get docked accordingly even if they are not living together and are on different support schemes. but yeah, Centrelink is fairly messed up on everything else too. 

Archived