Nanowrimo

Yuuki_F

Hello (first post, incidentally, so I guess this also counts as an introduction of sorts?),

Since next month is the season for writing, I was thinking about writing something involving some sort of aroace character.  So, I thought it'd be interesting to ask, if you were to read something with an aro character, what would be something you'd think would be interesting to have happen?

In other words, please resolve my writer's block for me, lol ;) .

I'm not sure if this is a little off topic for here, but I might as well ask if any of you are planning on doing anything for Nanowrimo next month?

Welcome! :aroicecream:

I think it would just be interesting to see someone's representation of an aroace type character, that actually STAYS in the orientation and doesn't end up allo. I guess you could search writing prompts and give them an aroace spin, especially if you just wanted to do a quick oneshot. 

One thing that has been showing up regularly in the conversations is seeking physical affection, so it would be interesting and topical for a character to search out physical affection that isn't romantic or sexual in a very romantic/sexual world. 

I hope I chipped away a bit of your block!

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe it could be cool if in the subplot the aro ace thought they were straight but slowly discovering they were aro ace because I am aware that was the case for many aro ace people including myself. I'm sure what ever you pick it will be great and please keep me updated how it's going I'm really interested to hear more about it.

• 2 weeks later...
On Tuesday, October 17, 2017 at 4:22 AM, Yuuki_F said:

I might as well ask if any of you are planning on doing anything for Nanowrimo next month?

I am :) I don't know if I'll manage to keep it up though, because I'm pretty busy this month and it's already stressing me out. I'm on track so far with the word count, but I doubt I'll be able to say the same this time next week. How are you getting on with it?

I'm also writing an aro character, though he isn't ace. Here's a random idea for your aroace character - I would like to see them interact/develop a friendship with another aroace character from a different generation. For example, if they are a teen or 20-something, it would be fascinating to see them interact with someone elderly. I imagine they would have very different life experiences and frames of reference, and this could be interesting to explore. 

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Holmbo said:

How is the Nanowrimo going @Yuuki_F and @Skittles87 :)

It started off with me polishing off some one-shots I had outlined sometime beforehand.  Then after a week I was deleting more words than I wrote.  Then I realized I was actually just writing embarrassing memories of mine.  And now it's devolved into just journaling.

...so pretty o.k., more or less.

On 11/19/2017 at 11:30 AM, Holmbo said:

How is the Nanowrimo going @Yuuki_F and @Skittles87 :)

I've written just over 32K words, but I'm running out of story! This often happens - my writing can be pretty spare, and I'm always rushing ahead to get to the good bits. Luckily, I've got some ideas for things to add if I get to the end of the story before the end of the month.

Archived