So lonely

MandraSedai

The heading pretty much sums it up. I don't really know what else to say? I'm so lonely. Although I know I have friends that love and care about me. I still feel so lonely and isolated and I don't know why. It really f*cking sucks. I don't know how to just suck it up and get over my loneliness. I keep in frequent contact with my friends. I go out with them as often as life circumstances allow. And yet I still feel so alone, isolated, unwanted, unimportant, and all that crap. What the heck it wrong with me? 

Maybe the contact you are getting isn't the connection you really need? 

if you are a life experience sharing personality maybe need to find a friend willing to be your go-to person for big and small events? for example one person to come over each weeks for dinner and to watch the next new episode of that show you both enjoy. 

or if you are the silence-will-kill-me personality, like me, maybe you need a friendly flatmate? for example walking in your door and seeing shoes that aren't yours and knowing everything is okay. 

if you are a chatty loner maybe all you need is to find an active group online or in an online game that you can share virtual experiences with and have fun without actually having to change clothes or go anywhere?

I really don't know, there are too many personal variables. But as you are lonely now maybe you should seek out other sorts of interaction to try and figure out what you need. 

On 24/09/2017 at 2:34 PM, MandraSedai said:

The heading pretty much sums it up. I don't really know what else to say? I'm so lonely. Although I know I have friends that love and care about me. I still feel so lonely and isolated and I don't know why. It really f*cking sucks. I don't know how to just suck it up and get over my loneliness. I keep in frequent contact with my friends. I go out with them as often as life circumstances allow. And yet I still feel so alone, isolated, unwanted, unimportant, and all that crap. What the heck it wrong with me? 

Do you know what would make you feel less lonely?

1 hour ago, Mark said:

Do you know what would make you feel less lonely?

1. Emotional affection/intimacy?
  2. Existing in the same area as somebody that I love and trust? (and they feel mutually)

Due to my life circumstances I am unfortunately "alone" for most of the day for most days of the week. (I'm currently unemployed but actively searching/working on it) My roommate has a demanding full-time job. Most of my friends have some sort of job. And when they're all not working, they're exhausted, understandably so.

In the meantime while though, while unemployed, I just started the process of becoming a volunteer at a local animal shelter. So... I'm hoping that'll help me feel better to at least get out of the house? Maybe the animal cuddles and caring for the animals will help? And maybe meeting other volunteers?

I don't really know other than that.

6 hours ago, MandraSedai said:

In the meantime while though, while unemployed, I just started the process of becoming a volunteer at a local animal shelter. So... I'm hoping that'll help me feel better to at least get out of the house? Maybe the animal cuddles and caring for the animals will help? And maybe meeting other volunteers?

Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. People who care about animals are often the nicest people to meet, so that could actually work.

6 hours ago, SoulWolf said:

People who care about animals are often the nicest people to meet

yes! 

@MandraSedai I hope you get some instant gratification by working with the animals and that you make some friends, then you can work towards the intimacy you want with them. When you do get a job I would advise to continue the volunteering if you can especially if it helps you a lot now. 

Archived