iigolden

Confused??

I mean, around certain times, I get random bursts of romantic attraction towards people that fade in and out. I have no desire to form relationships but??? They confuse me??

But my period just ended and these feelings are still coming!! 

I remember, today, a friend referred to me saying they loved me platonically. I felt weird at that, like I wanted to be loved with more than that. But I saw how romantic relationships are and my feeling faded??

Like?? In concept (without THINKING of it - just knowing it's MORE THAN FRIENDS) I want a romantic relationships but then i think of how they really are and that feeling fades and??? I'm so confused!

I feel like this is a hormonal thing, but I could really use some help!!

• Like 3

Sounds pretty grey-romo to me, or even 'fray-romantic' meaning that you experience romantic attraction but it decreases over time/when the feelings are reciprocated.

It's hard to get around though, I know what you mean. I'm aro but want a life-partner in a platonic way. Hard to find fo' sho' :')

• Like 4

More possible words - Lithromantic: somebody who is lithromantic can feel romantic attraction towards others and also enjoy being in romantic relationships but only in theory.

17 minutes ago, SamwiseLovesLife said:

I'm aro but want a life-partner in a platonic way.

Oh yes. But at least I am 'just' confused by romance. My heart goes out to Lithros who kind of want the thing but then don't want the thing when they try.

• Like 4

THANK YOU BOTH SO MUCH!! :0

I keep experiencing busts of this attraction that fade after a bit. Then the cycle repeats itself. xD End me.

• Like 2

I feel very similar, although mine's mixed with depression/crippling anxiety when it happens - which is only when I'm crushing on someone, not just at random and very rarely thank god! It can be very rough, anyway, but we've got your back :)