New here, hi

AutistAro

I've been stalking this site for a short while now. Bout time I joined!

I'm AutistAro. Autistic and aroace. Questioning a lot of things, but I'm really interested in relationship anarchy atm. And just... relationship "rules" in general. 

Society is pretty strange when it comes to relationships. Platonic. Romantic. Alterous. Amatonormativity. The toxicity that's displayed as the norm in a relationship. The need to be with someone. Touch. Sensual desires. 

But yeah. That's my intro.

Welcome (officially)! :) Here is some aro ice cream as a symbol of joining our cult: :aroicecream: 

The normalization of toxicity in relationships is 10000% a good hot topic I know many of us have feelings about, but in general I know you'll find some good conversations about everything identity-related here.

*screams with joy because WHERE DID YOU FREAKING GET THAT EMOJI?!*

Welcome to the forums! I totally understand you confusion with relationships, because I share it. It's especially hard as a fanhuman and a writer, because I interpret relationships differently than most people. I don't get all the unspoken rules. I hope you find some good threads and info here and find a community :) 

@BecauseMeg Isn't the aro ice cream GREAT? :D I think it's a custom Arocalypse emoji - ice cream recoloured in the aro colours. As far as I know, it's like the "ace cake" thing for aces, but specifically for aros! I was welcomed with it when I came to the forums so it seems to be an unofficial greeting/offering to new people.

Archived