Hey everyone!

Hi everybody, I just popped over here from the Facebook group and I'm so excited that we can have our own space separate from the AVEN boards. I'm aromantic allosexual so it's kind of tricky finding a safe space that is relevant to my needs. Some folks on AVEN can kind of be jerks about it, so I look forward to talking to other sexually-oriented aros on here along with the general group of aro people.

Hello Hangryeowyn! As someone who frequented the old aro boards and still occasionally posts on AVEN and the Facebook group, I'm glad that you found this site! Aro-focused forums always seemed much more open to aro/allo discourse than places like AVEN, and it's nice sometimes to have a more traditional forum setting for discussion since old posts gets lost so easily on Facebook. I hope that these boards help you find the discussions that you're looking for!

Hello, and welcome!  I'm sorry to hear that you've had your bad experiences on AVEN.  I'm asexual as well as aromantic, and I personally find it incredibly useful to hear from people who identify as aro, but not ace.  Hopefully these forums will stay active and it will be a useful place for you to discuss aromanticism! :)

Hi and wellcome. I am also super exited about having a forum for same reason. 

I feel facebook is where my needs are most meet but its good to have a forum outside of facebook. also since not everyone has facebook or want to have it. + I think a forum is more easy to get in contact with, and also work better with awareness.

It's also nice to have a place to discuss aromanticism that's a touch more anonymous than Facebook. I get freaked out at the notion of discussing my gender identity in any space where my real name is attached. I only have one person in the group that's also a Facebook friend, and while they wouldn't make a big deal of it, I'd rather not be out in the group until I am out IRL.

Still, the Facebook group was a bit of a saving grace when all the aro forums were dead, and it's still nice to lurk nowadays!

I wouldn't ever join a Facebook group. Mostly because I'm extremely paranoid about multiple things, but also because I enjoy anonymity. Facebook feels too… open. I have my real picture on there and people can see my profile. I don't feel comfortable about that, especially since I'm only 14. That's partially why I'm so happy AVEN basically now has an aromantic counterpart.

yeah I understand the feeling. one of my fb-friend found out I was aro because he saw I was part of the aro group and it was kinda akward. also I always check my post twice because I once accidently posted on my timeline instead of in the aro group.

some people make 2 profils so they can join the aro groups anonymously. Alot of who are in the closet seperate their fb if they are not out to famely and friends and so. but yeah its a stress to deal with, luckely Im only have 2 people on my facebook I really dont want to know im aro and the rest im like "mehh" but neitherless its really good to have an alternative for everyone who dont use facebook or dont want to use facebook.

I share the same concerns about Facebook groups actually.  I'm only "out" to like seven people, and even if the group is closed I'd feel paranoid that someone who discover me if my real name and facebook profile were attached.  I always felt jealous of people who are able to be out and could join facebook groups without worrying.  This forum will hopefully fill the aro discussion-shaped hole in my life xD 

Archived