Couchsurfing

Holmbo

Does anyone else use couchsurfing? In my experience it's the best platform for platonic "dating". Originally it was a site were people could offer a traveler to stay on their couch. Which it still is but you can also just post a request to hang out or create a specific event. I've used it many times to meet people to hang out with. I don't know how well it works in different countries, it depends on the amount of users.

To me it sounds scary. What if I meet the person and instantly dislike them, but then feel forced to spend time with them anyway? Especially if I use it to find a place to stay, the idea of spending the night with someone I can't stand is pretty threatening. If I know the person first I can predict that better.   

I've done it before! It's amazing! You save money, get a non-hotel experience of the place you're visiting AND you get a free tourguide, who'll show you all the cool places *w*
But I never used it to just hang out in my homecity. Might just try it one day =D It seems like a cool way to meet new people if you otherwise struggle to make connections.

• 1 month later...

Archived