I think my brother might be allo/aro

Ettina

My younger brother is currently 18, and is openly heterosexual (though to my knowledge he's never actually done anything sexual, he talks honestly about being attracted to girls and draws girls with shapely butts a lot).

But he's never shown any interest in a relationship. He's never acted like he has a crush on someone, and never admitted to a crush when my parents tease him in a friendly manner about the possibility. And I recently asked him and he said he hasn't had a crush on anyone, but he doesn't think he's old enough to identify as aromantic.

I don't want to pressure him, but I really think that's probably what he is. And I am kind of excited about it, because I'm aroace and the two of us are super close, and I've always secretly wished we could just be together forever as siblings but expected that he'd find some woman to marry and I'd have to negotiate with her about how close we are. So if he doesn't want to marry some woman, that would be awesome for me. But I don't know how he feels about it.  

8 hours ago, Blue Phoenix Ace said:

The only way to be sure is if he doesn't pursue a romantic relationship for the rest of his life. :)

Even if he did he could be doing so because that's the only socially acceptable way to have a sexual relationship...

Archived