I need help

So I have a friend that I would want to be in a qpr with but I don't think they understand I don't want to be "dating" but I'm too scared to clarify and they think I'm weird or don't like them at all. Can someone please help me I don't know what to do :/

• Like 1

I'm sorry, but the thing you want to do is the only option that will lead to you being in a QPR with them.

You need to sit down and have an honest conversation with them about what you want.

Plan out what you are going to say before hand. Even write it down and bring the paper with you to reference. But have that conversation.

Yeah I think there's really no easy way around this... I agree with @Neon, just fully clarify what you mean by a QPR because it might be confusing to them when they learn that's it's an option. Possibly reference the split attraction thing to help them understand that what you feel towards them is still a form of attraction. Maybe even direct them to some resources here if you want. Good luck though, I hope it goes well.

• Like 1

Yep, only thing to do is talk about it. Which like, to be honest, is really the first step to determine if such a relationship can even work at all. Communication is key in any relationship, and if you can't talk about what you want to begin with, it's not going to work out. Good luck!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Neon said:

I'm sorry, but the thing you want to do is the only option that will lead to you being in a QPR with them.

You need to sit down and have an honest conversation with them about what you want.

Plan out what you are going to say before hand. Even write it down and bring the paper with you to reference. But have that conversation.

Yeah, I suppose so, thank you for helping :p

1 hour ago, Jot-Aro Kujo said:

Yep, only thing to do is talk about it. Which like, to be honest, is really the first step to determine if such a relationship can even work at all. Communication is key in any relationship, and if you can't talk about what you want to begin with, it's not going to work out. Good luck!

Thanks for the help

(not sarcastic I'm sorry I just talk like that :/ )

2 hours ago, allhailtheglowcloud said:

Yeah I think there's really no easy way around this... I agree with @Neon, just fully clarify what you mean by a QPR because it might be confusing to them when they learn that's it's an option. Possibly reference the split attraction thing to help them understand that what you feel towards them is still a form of attraction. Maybe even direct them to some resources here if you want. Good luck though, I hope it goes well.

Thanks, I'll try :<

Edited by Cavetowns_fkin_awesome
  • Like 2