i can't believe it has been almost a year

i just realized in two weeks it will be the first anniversary of me knowing i am aro. god it was such a good feeling( i haven't felt even close to that in a really long time)

i have been going with unlabeled for a few years now, about a year ago a friend asked if there is any label i feel even closed to, i remember that i didn't know exactly what aro or ace was, but i knew a few things about asexuality so i said: i dunno maybe i am asexual.

after this conversation i went and did more researching(i had done a ton of research before setting on unlabeled). like every normal person i started taking tests on google. i took one for asexuality too, and it said "you are probably demisexual". through my search for demisexuality i came across demiromantic and aromantic.

and god the joy of seeing other people sharing your experience is just amazing.

so i first went with demiro but then i realized "man i feel literally zero romantic attraction" so from there i officially put the label aromantic on me. the very first label that actually made me feel good, loved and understood.

after a year i still dunno how does my asexuality work but i know i don't sexual attraction like other people so i am still figuring out.

and that is the greatest love story of the year 1402 Solar Hijri calendar. 

what is your story and how long ago did you figure out this part of your identity??

• Like 5

On 3/6/2024 at 7:23 AM, dordor said:

i just realized in two weeks it will be the first anniversary of me knowing i am aro. god it was such a good feeling( i haven't felt even close to that in a really long time)

i have been going with unlabeled for a few years now, about a year ago a friend asked if there is any label i feel even closed to, i remember that i didn't know exactly what aro or ace was, but i knew a few things about asexuality so i said: i dunno maybe i am asexual.

after this conversation i went and did more researching(i had done a ton of research before setting on unlabeled). like every normal person i started taking tests on google. i took one for asexuality too, and it said "you are probably demisexual". through my search for demisexuality i came across demiromantic and aromantic.

and god the joy of seeing other people sharing your experience is just amazing.

so i first went with demiro but then i realized "man i feel literally zero romantic attraction" so from there i officially put the label aromantic on me. the very first label that actually made me feel good, loved and understood.

after a year i still dunno how does my asexuality work but i know i don't sexual attraction like other people so i am still figuring out.

and that is the greatest love story of the year 1402 Solar Hijri calendar. 

what is your story and how long ago did you figure out this part of your identity??

i don’t remember the exact day when i rly came to terms with being aro, but i first started using the term alongside asexual abt a year and a half ago. one thing that’ll always amuse me is the fact that i thought i was gay for a few months bc i thought gay ppl didn’t hv s£x and stuff. i hv a distinct memory of doing those online quizzes and repeatedly getting asexual but i kept retaking them bc i though asexual meant pansexual lol

• Like 1

there really should be more aro and ace awareness, it would spare a lot of people from bad experiences and misunderstandings

• Like 1

I found out I was aro about 2-3 years ago, and that first moment when I found out was a very refreshing and eye-opening experience for me.

I didn’t really know what aromanticism was at the time, and for the longest time I was just completely oblivious to the fact that I literally never had crushes and never thought about being in a relationship lol. Then my friends were talking about all their crushes, they suggested I was maybe aro after I told them I never had any, and I finally realised.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, N1GHTM4R3 said:

Happy anniversary everyone!

Thank you your majesty🫠

8 hours ago, MondoBilby said:

I found out I was aro about 2-3 years ago, and that first moment when I found out was a very refreshing and eye-opening experience for me.

I didn’t really know what aromanticism was at the time, and for the longest time I was just completely oblivious to the fact that I literally never had crushes and never thought about being in a relationship lol. Then my friends were talking about all their crushes, they suggested I was maybe aro after I told them I never had any, and I finally realised.

The moment of realization! 

• Like 1