Do any of you relate? Heartbreak

CoolK

I am idemromantic and have to use external factors to determine if I have romantic,alterous, or platonic feelings for someone. 

I have had two prior romantic relationships.I have since come to the uncertain conclusion that I experience a lot of platonic or platonic/aesthetic infatuation for my friends and for the longest time I thought it was romantic because I am romance favorable. Once in relationships I experience alterous attraction which for me is a combination of platonic and romantic attraction. Or just pure romantic I am unsure.Basically what I have to do is look at if I would truly be compatible with a friend before trying to start a relationship. So it's knowing I am not compatible with my friends that keeps it platonic.

But due to the fact that I tend to develop alterous attraction once the relationship is committed it made the heartbreak when I was dumped so much more severe. Because it is like when I am in a committed relationship my alterous feelings are not going to develop for anyone else? Like I do not think I could ever grow tired of a committed relationship with someone I love or just leave someone I am committed to. I was wondering if any of you can relate?

• Like 2

I've had heartbreak.  I think some aros get it and some aros don't.  It doesn't make you any less aro if you do.  Getting heartbreak over friends is still a thing.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Lovebird said:

I just went through my second heartbreak last week, I'm not really coping with it well, personally.

That's to be expected give yourself the time and space you need to feel your feelings without letting them consume all of you. Lean on the people who care about you. I hope you are able to start feeling better sooner rather than later.

• Thanks 1