What does love feel like?

SwiftySpeedy

28 minutes ago, SwiftySpeedy said:

I mean by romantic love but yeah, I just wanted to try and grasp it just so I can kind of understand what I'm missing.

longing, attraction, partially even obsession?

honestly idk bruh ur not gonna get a ton of good answers on an aro forum

15 minutes ago, Kira- said:

I once asked a a friend and this is what they said in exact words:

TW: Slight s£xual reference 

Hide contents

IMG_3602.jpeg.db6f47d8e73ac2219158dbb0fc60e2f6.jpeg

My friends words not mine, this was from a while back.

Wow, that’s something I hope not to feel. I mean is that much immaculate wordplay just the long lasting side effect? Jeez, that’s crazy!

Just now, HelloThere said:

Wow, that’s something I hope not to feel. I mean is that much immaculate wordplay just the long lasting side effect? Jeez, that’s crazy!

I know, at first (back when the self doubt was the number one thing in my mind) I was like “yep! That is definentally not me.”

7 minutes ago, Kira- said:

I know, at first (back when the self doubt was the number one thing in my mind) I was like “yep! That is definentally not me.”

I mean seriously that stuff is supposed to be REALLY strong for people, that’s how I definitely know that it’s not love at all for people. I mean I’ve been wondering if I like people from simply looking at someone for too long, or my heart rate increasing when I see someone aesthetically attractive. XD

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HelloThere said:

I mean seriously that stuff is supposed to be REALLY strong for people, that’s how I definitely know that it’s not love at all for people. I mean I’ve been wondering if I like people from simply looking at someone for too long, or my heart rate increasing when I see someone aesthetically attractive. XD

Once one of my friends asked me (in a polite way) if I could still tell if someone was ugly or not and I explained to them how I could still somewhat tell, it was just very different from what they were feeling. After reading that, I realized I was very right.

16 minutes ago, Kira- said:

Once one of my friends asked me (in a polite way) if I could still tell if someone was ugly or not and I explained to them how I could still somewhat tell, it was just very different from what they were feeling. After reading that, I realized I was very right.

Sorta like how you can tell when someone’s pretty but it’s pretty much impossible to compare people to other pretty people or try to see what makes that person pretty. 

3 minutes ago, HelloThere said:

Sorta like how you can tell when someone’s pretty but it’s pretty much impossible to compare people to other pretty people or try to see what makes that person pretty. 

Ya, but at the same time almost everyone looks exactly the same in terms of looks. I don’t know if that’s just an AroAce thing or something else.

2 minutes ago, Kira- said:

Ya, but at the same time almost everyone looks exactly the same in terms of looks. I don’t know if that’s just an AroAce thing or something else.

Yeah pretty much, I tend to have a lot of mild aesthetic attraction (I just tend to notice people’s looks but have absolutely no urge to act on that at all), and generally that’s it. They all look about the same most often and it just takes like 5 minutes and then any real aesthetic attraction disappears. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HelloThere said:

Yeah pretty much, I tend to have a lot of mild aesthetic attraction (I just tend to notice people’s looks but have absolutely no urge to act on that at all), and generally that’s it. They all look about the same most often and it just takes like 5 minutes and then any real aesthetic attraction disappears. 

Ya I completely agree

3 minutes ago, Kira- said:

Ya I completely agree

Like I legitimately like felt weak levels of aesthetic attraction to several people and then I spent the next two days wondering if I feel crap for those people, despite completely ignoring them and not really wanting to talk much at all unless anyone legitimately just likes conversation.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, HelloThere said:

Like I legitimately like felt weak levels of aesthetic attraction to several people and then I spent the next two days wondering if I feel crap for those people, despite completely ignoring them and not really wanting to talk much at all unless anyone legitimately just likes conversation.

One of the pros is that I’m less inclined to not be friends with someone based on looks.

I personally have seen this question so so many times and have asked it myself and the only conclusion I can come to is that is feels vastly different for everyone so there is no one easy answer. Additionally love comes with time and sometimes it’s ok not to know. If you try and for the development for something you don’t know it could end up harming you and other around you.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SwiftySpeedy said:

probably not a good idea to ask a forum full of people who can't feel romantic love and ask them what romantic love feels like lol.

Oh yeah, I’m just guessing to see how close I get though. Peoples descriptions online make me realize that I definitely haven’t felt that.

I think it’s like how when you are doing something you like to do, like playing a game, and you want to do more of that thing, but for people, but I’m probably the worst person to ask for this.

Edited by TheApothiAroace