Fashion styles?

Jot-Aro Kujo

On 7/12/2023 at 12:43 PM, HelloThere said:

most stereotypical guy clothes are just uncomfortable.

Soooo true, whoever decided that guy clothes should be "rough and tough" has a special place in hell. 

On 6/2/2023 at 10:24 AM, Jot-Aro Kujo said:

Tell me about your style!

I have only recently been finding my style, but during the summer Its Hawaiian shirts that I got at goodwill, matching color running shorts, white t-shirt under the Hawaiian shirt, and old running shoes that I should have gotten rid of a long time ago. Maybe I will wear knock off aviators if im feelin cool that day :) 

During the school year, I don't have much brain power to think about style or fashion, but when I do I usually go as "casual hiker", I wear baggy green outdoor hiking/"tactical" pants with a green matching hoodie or flannel w/ white undershirt. I even have a hiking bag that I use for my school bag (green of course)  One thing I love to do is put carabiners on things that shouldn't have them: hiking pants, backpacks, water bottles, lanyards, car keys, etc.  I think it comes from living in an outdoorsy part of Oregon where that style common.

Long story short, my style can be boiled down to "Woke up naked in an REI and had to find clothes" or "casual outdoorsy"

1 hour ago, Rackson said:

Soooo true, whoever decided that guy clothes should be "rough and tough" has a special place in hell. 

I have only recently been finding my style, but during the summer Its Hawaiian shirts that I got at goodwill, matching color running shorts, white t-shirt under the Hawaiian shirt, and old running shoes that I should have gotten rid of a long time ago. Maybe I will wear knock off aviators if im feelin cool that day :) 

During the school year, I don't have much brain power to think about style or fashion, but when I do I usually go as "casual hiker", I wear baggy green outdoor hiking/"tactical" pants with a green matching hoodie or flannel w/ white undershirt. I even have a hiking bag that I use for my school bag (green of course)  One thing I love to do is put carabiners on things that shouldn't have them: hiking pants, backpacks, water bottles, lanyards, car keys, etc.  I think it comes from living in an outdoorsy part of Oregon where that style common.

Long story short, my style can be boiled down to "Woke up naked in an REI and had to find clothes" or "casual outdoorsy"

During the winter/fall, I just have more of a “style”. I often just wear a zip-up hoodie, my favorite t-shirt, and sweatpants. Wow… I seriously think that’s a “style”. Though if I managed to add white and black rings, then that’ll feel more complete.

• Like 1

I love how people have all kinds of styles !

I usually wear big geek t shirts with black pants, black boots with colorful shoelaces, chains and rings. Everything from the "Men"'s section cause that's where you find most of the interesting t shirts + POCKETS

Aaaalso last winter I did have a leather jacket that I liked a lot. And I wear hoodies whenever it's too cold for me, always a bit oversized cause that's how I'm comfortable.

I've gotten into overalls lately and they're fun and comfortable 

Edited by Atypique

5 minutes ago, HelloThere said:

During the winter/fall, I just have more of a “style”. I often just wear a zip-up hoodie, my favorite t-shirt, and sweatpants. Wow… I seriously think that’s a “style”. Though if I managed to add white and black rings, then that’ll feel more complete.

Ooooh, I love sweatpants 🤎

2 hours ago, Rackson said:

I wonder what you all mean? Less restrictive fit? E.g. tunics?

But also, from my experience, women's clothing is more "comfortable" because it has lots and LOTS of elastane 😈 in it.

1 hour ago, Rackson said:

Ooooh, I love sweatpants 🤎

Wasn't this thread about fashion? 😉

4 minutes ago, DeltaAro said:

I wonder what you all mean? Less restrictive fit? E.g. tunics?

But also, from my experience, women's clothing is more "comfortable" because it has lots and LOTS of elastane 😈 in it.

Idk man, I think branding mens clothes as "work tough" is kinda dumb, I see a lot of that because of where I am. I kinda just said, that to agree with people and make them like me. I don't really hate the guy who made mens clothes the way they are, Its pretty easy to find comfortable mens clothes.

27 minutes ago, Rackson said:

I don't really hate the guy who made mens clothes the way they are, Its pretty easy to find comfortable mens clothes.

The guy ... 😉 Sometimes women's fashion is uncomfortable, too, e.g. pencil skirts or high heels. We don't know how this developed, we can't even answer why men just won't wear skirts. Originally it was likely from horse riding, but why are we stuck with it?

1 hour ago, HelloThere said:

Especially when it’s cold out, it’s just the best!

🌨️ Duffel coat!!❄️

Edited by DeltaAro

It is true that women's clothes often have more comfortable fabric than men... But on the other hand, a lot of women's clothes are so thin and cheaply made that they fall apart easily, and since the fabric is so thin, even people with fairly flat chests have to wear a bra or camisole (sometimes uncomfortable and/or expensive) lest everyone possibly see the vague shape of a nipple and get scandalized. Honestly, the state of the clothing industry right now is ridiculous. I really very strongly encourage everyone to learn some basic sewing skills, they will take you far.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Jot-Aro Kujo said:

It is true that women's clothes often have more comfortable fabric than men...

Yes, comfortable and durable usually do not go together, unless you buy very expensive. I prefer durable, since I got used to really heavy fabrics over time, but sometimes it feels like putting on armor. 😄 Personally, I buy only vegan fabrics, but some animal fabrics are just WOW. I was gifted a Yak wool sweater once, and that one is extremely durable and comfortable .

22 hours ago, Jot-Aro Kujo said:

Honestly, the state of the clothing industry right now is ridiculous. I really very strongly encourage everyone to learn some basic sewing skills, they will take you far.

That would be nice. I can barely sew on a button. 🫣 But for the easy stuff, I have a friend. For more complex stuff, the Vietnamese tailor lady down the street. So I never felt pressure to learn sewing.