Disney live action remakes.

HelloThere

So recently I learned that Disney is crossing a HUGE line for me. They're making a live action remake for "How to Train Your Dragon." I can't even describe how absolutely sick I am of Disney taking every childhood show, every beautiful animation, and turning it into some celebrity cast run crap show to make a cheap buck. I'm sick of people ruining everything I love in entertainment. For a while it was fun, some of it was charming. But now I hear of a live action "Moana", "Snow White", "Lilo and Stitch", "The Hunchback of Notre Dame", "The Aristocats", "Hercules", "The Sword in the Stone", and "Bambi"!

I'm so freaking tired of this! They're taking every original creation, every movie filled with magic, and reducing it to some screenplay they can parasitically feed off of instead of making good movie ideas! I'm just so close to boycotting Disney, I mean I know that wouldn't do crap but it's getting so old and I'm getting impatient with the largest entertainment company IN THE WORLD.

• Like 1

Huh? Wasn't that movie Dreamworks? I mean, I was a fan of the books, so I didn't like the movies, but I could have sworn it was Dreamworks...

Also a remake of Hunchback of Notre Dame is WILD considering the um. everything in that movie. Like the fact that the original even exists at all is ridiculous enough. It's a good movie in a lot of ways, but like... Not to be all "you couldn't make this movie today!" but frankly I don't think you should make that movie today good lord. Everything about it is sooooooooooo. um. something

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jot-Aro Kujo said:

Huh? Wasn't that movie Dreamworks? I mean, I was a fan of the books, so I didn't like the movies, but I could have sworn it was Dreamworks...

Also a remake of Hunchback of Notre Dame is WILD considering the um. everything in that movie. Like the fact that the original even exists at all is ridiculous enough. It's a good movie in a lot of ways, but like... Not to be all "you couldn't make this movie today!" but frankly I don't think you should make that movie today good lord. Everything about it is sooooooooooo. um. something

Yeah I believe it was dreamworks but it still crossed a line with me.

9 hours ago, Jot-Aro Kujo said:

Yeah. Some of these movies were forgiven for period-typical attitudes they included because of the time that they were produced, but the idea that they're bringing them back in, a live action no less, is wild to me too.

No remaking HTTYD. Please. We don't need that. It's one of the best movies ever. Why would you redo it.

I was so mad when they remade Lion King because the original was beautiful and my favorite movie and they ruined it and I hate having to specify that I only like the original

I kinda expect souless remakes from big companies now. Sometimes you get s fan of the work making something cool but then people who make money not art think they can use this for a quick buck.

I feel like Lilo and Stitch annoys me the most as it is my favorite of them. I can image a good remake, but it would be one made by Hawaiians and, if live action, hopefully involve muppets.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Balfrog said:

I kinda expect souless remakes from big companies now. Sometimes you get s fan of the work making something cool but then people who make money not art think they can use this for a quick buck.

I feel like Lilo and Stitch annoys me the most as it is my favorite of them. I can image a good remake, but it would be one made by Hawaiians and, if live action, hopefully involve muppets.

Plus knowing cultural reenactments when disney gets involved, some human rights violations will probably occur. They did that with Mulan and China is a pretty large part of their viewership.