I'm going to my first IRL ace and aro meetup next weekend

Holmbo

There's not much aro or ace activity at all in my country from what I can tell, but I did find this one page which apparently does these meetup events so I thought why not join. I've been feeling a craving recently to find aro friends in real life.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Holmbo said:

There's not much aro or ace activity at all in my country from what I can tell, but I did find this one page which apparently does these meetup events so I thought why not join. I've been feeling a craving recently to find aro friends in real life.

I’d love to do something like that when I’m more sure of myself. (And when I’m out of the house)

On 5/21/2023 at 1:16 PM, HelloThere said:

I’d love to do something like that when I’m more sure of myself. (And when I’m out of the house)

I enjoyed it. And they invited me to a discord so that will help me connect with them further I hope.

15 minutes ago, Holmbo said:

I enjoyed it. And they invited me to a discord so that will help me connect with them further I hope.

Yeah that sounds nice! I’d love a community where you know that it’s gonna just stay with good friends and just living life. One of the many reasons (I’m very biased) I see being aroace as like the S Tier identity. I mean yeah that’s wrong to say on so many levels but I’m glad not to feel romantic/sexual attraction because then I won’t be forced into a marriage simply based off of emotions.

I would love a meet up that was specifically a-spec near where I live, mainly because although I know a-spec people online, it feels so much more different meeting someone else who's a-spec in-person, and in a way I think it would help me feel as though we're more, I don't know, out there? I mean, when I was in high school there was only one other person I got to know who stated they were aro-spec and that was it, and it left a big impact on me, like "woah we actually do exist" (of course there could've been more people who were a-spec in my high school, but that was my only in-person interaction so far with another person who's aro).

Edited by The Newest Fabled Creature

16 minutes ago, The Newest Fabled Creature said:

I would love a meet up that was specifically a-spec near where I live, mainly because although I know a-spec people online, it feels so much more different meeting someone else who's a-spec in-person, and in a way I think it would help me feel as though we're more, I don't know, out there? I mean, when I was in high school there was only one other person I got to know who stated they were aro-spec and that was it, and it left a big impact on me, like "woah we actually do exist" (of course there could've been more people who were a-spec in my high school, but that was my only in-person interaction so far with another person who's aro).

It would be just SO refreshing to meet more a-specs out there, to know someone irl. I mean I have a friend who might be but he never really explored that and he said he wasn’t really sure either. I mean that’d be really cool to know that by some natural force I managed to find lgbtq friends by pure accident.

• Like 1