what is your favorite aro-coded song or songs?

I don't have a favorite but I have a list of a few:

• Prom dress. (If you listen closely to the lyrics you can hear it.)

• Never been in love

• Version of love

• Love love love

• Turning out

• Don't miss me

(I probably have more which I can add later.)

• Like 1

I really like "Despair"! It's not necessarily about being aro, but I've always interpreted it like this. Same goes for "Emotional Machine", "Oh No!" and "I Am Not A Robot".

Guest Maneater

These aren't strictly aro songs but I can recommend some great songs that aren't about romance or sex (which it seems like 99% of song are about).

Most aros, myself included, seem to appreciate the value of platonic relationships. I really like "That's What Friends Are For" - Dionne Warwick ft Elton John, Stevie Wonder & Gladys Knight. Perhaps the greatest platonic love song of all time?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/HyTpu6BmE88" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe> 

"(Something Inside) So Strong" by Labi Siffre and "Risin' To The Top" by Keni Burke are two of my favourite songs as well. They're really about self belief and inner strength and I find them really inspiring.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/EmNclh9lVkU" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9ieevQ9RrDc" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

"The Living Years" by Mike + the Mechanics is a really powerful song about the relationship between a son and his father. 

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5hr64MxYpgk" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Lots of people sadly seem to think that a romantic relationship is the ultimate life experience and that passionate romantic love songs are the most moving songs, but it's not true. I think the above songs are really touching and don't explore romance at all.

23 hours ago, Rather be Reading said:

At the moment, "Crush Culture" by Conan Gray, but it's been stuck in my head for three days and if it doesn't leave soon I'm going to get sick of it. 

that one is amazing as well :)

19 hours ago, Isa1116 said:

I don't have a favorite but I have a list of a few:

• Prom dress. (If you listen closely to the lyrics you can hear it.)

• Never been in love

• Version of love

• Love love love

• Turning out

• Don't miss me

(I probably have more which I can add later.)

i'll have to check those out 

17 hours ago, Keith said:

I really like "Despair"! It's not necessarily about being aro, but I've always interpreted it like this. Same goes for "Emotional Machine", "Oh No!" and "I Am Not A Robot".

despair by leo.?

15 hours ago, 7sev said:

lovejoys songs are pretty darn aro coded. the protagonist always falls in love with what seems like an aro girl lmao

lol

• Like 1

On 3/19/2023 at 4:58 AM, Keith said:

Yes! I have had "I Am Not A Robot" by Marina and The Diamonds stuck in my head for days!

Also "Love song" by Sara Bareilles

• Like 2

This is a bit of an obscure one, but Romancer by the Evil Arrows (Bryan scary) always gave me strong aro vibes. It’s about seeing all these picture-perfect romances in movies and in songs, but never experiencing it for yourself. My aro brain heard “Some people fall in love but I’ve never seen it” and latched onto it lol

(while I’m talking about Evil Arrows, Married to the Family Tree is about feeling constrained by the expectations of romance and relationships your family pushes on you, which is also very aro IMO)

• Like 1

I don't wanna fall in love by Addison grace, I think the name of the song is a dead giveaway.. BUT ITS SUCH A GOOD SONG!! I love it, 10/10 would recommend >:] 

3 hours ago, PumpkinsLinked said:

I don't wanna fall in love by Addison grace, I think the name of the song is a dead giveaway.. BUT ITS SUCH A GOOD SONG!! I love it, 10/10 would recommend >:] 

OH AND ONE MORE!!! Call me what you like by lovejoy, I think I'm personally reading it wrong; but I relate to it in my own way! So I think you guys might too ^^

• Like 1