Anti-Touch Question Thing

Lunar Nova

So this was based on the "Attitude Towards Touch" thread.

But has anyone who is Anti-Touch (rather it be slightly or entirely) what caused you to become Anti-Touch? Is there a reason behind it? Or was there just a bad experience?

For me, it was a bad experience. Two actually.

Last Christmas I was at a Christmas eve family party at my Great Aunt's house, it was kind of starting to die down at this point, and I was walking around and my younger cousin I guess was walking to the stairs to get into the basement (He's a pretty 'huggy' person) and as he walked around me he put his hand on the back of my neck and rubbed it to the side (much like he was swinging around a pole) It caught me off guard and I started overthinking on it. eventually going to tell his mother. (technically my cousin but I call her my aunt cus that's what I grew up calling her) She gave me a look like she was annoyed at me or something. I then decided later that night that I was slightly Anti-Touch

Then this is the most recent interaction. I was sitting in my 6th period at school doing my work with my headphones up minding my own business when I felt someone behind me pinch a large portion of the skin on the back of my neck, like not enough to hurt but enough to where I was able to feel it. I kinda flinched away from said touch and looked back to see if I could find out who did it no one was up or walking around, and the way it felt it could have only been done by someone directly behind me. The only person who would have been able to do it was a Sophomore (10th grade, 15-16 years old) who I only tolerated that sat behind me. This made me so uncomfortable that my friends could see it on my face, and I was trying so hard not to cry. (which I did when I got home) I could barely even talk about it to a guidance counselor so it could be dealt with, so my friends had to relay what happened to the counselor, as I had told them before we went to the counselor's office

Edited by KoconutBounty
  • Thanks 1
  • Angry 1

9 hours ago, hemogoblin said:

No reason I was touch-repulsed. I just was. There is a reason I'm not anymore, though.

I'm sorry you had those experiences.

Ooh okay. And its okay ^^ 

my papaw said he'd go to the school if they don't do nuthin

9 hours ago, that halo nerd said:

Some things (if you know what I mean) happend to make me anti touch 

you don't have to specify. i feel like people need to stop doing things like this without permission. though even with permission you aint allowed to touch my neck.

I can be pretty indifferent about people I know well touching me but between this being a focus of my OCD and just my general distaste for it I can even feel disgusted when people I don’t know touch me or when I don’t necessarily consent to it. 

• Like 1

Just now, EternallyTBD said:

I can be pretty indifferent about people I know well touching me but between this being a focus of my OCD and just my general distaste for it I can even feel disgusted when people I don’t know touch me or when I don’t necessarily consent to it. 

yeah I get that.

I used to love hugs as a kid but after unfortunate things (a***e) I started getting very anti-touch. No hugs, no holding hands, just fist bumps and high fives. I can't remember when I last hugged someone. 

• Like 1

no, i just find it weird to touch people without permission especially if you're not close with them.  i don't think i felt differently before i realized how uncomfortable i was with romantic touch (during my romantic relationship)--i don't think anything much happened before that, you know, besides hugging family and friends.

• 2 weeks later...

I reckon I've always been kinda anti-touch. I'd say that if I knew someone well enough, I'd be better at it, but nope even with my friends I get a bit uncomfortable. BUT the worst thing is like I'd always want to hold hands with people and be all cuddly, but I just get awkward and panicky.

for me it's definitely a trust thing. there's only one or two people i ever feel ok touching me, and even then rarely, so i consider myself anti touch.

i've been repulsed by touch since i was little. it makes my skin crawl and makes me feel like i'm going to explode if not done in a Very Specific Way

and i've had touch forced on me my whole life in one way or another. i used to resist or fight back, but i was punished enough that i gave up.

i've had many traumatic experiences with touch too.

if i'm not expecting it, being touched is enough to send me into a panic attack. most awkward thing in the world when a friend you haven't seen in a year runs up and hugs you and you freak the fuck out lol.

it's gross, it's awkward, it's a huge exercise in trust. i never know when to initiate it or end it. i never know when to say yes and when to say no. i just don't like it. and i don't want almost anyone touching me.

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

8 hours ago, SoupPoweredMustelid said:

for me it's definitely a trust thing. there's only one or two people i ever feel ok touching me, and even then rarely, so i consider myself anti touch.

i've been repulsed by touch since i was little. it makes my skin crawl and makes me feel like i'm going to explode if not done in a Very Specific Way

and i've had touch forced on me my whole life in one way or another. i used to resist or fight back, but i was punished enough that i gave up.

i've had many traumatic experiences with touch too.

if i'm not expecting it, being touched is enough to send me into a panic attack. most awkward thing in the world when a friend you haven't seen in a year runs up and hugs you and you freak the fuck out lol.

it's gross, it's awkward, it's a huge exercise in trust. i never know when to initiate it or end it. i never know when to say yes and when to say no. i just don't like it. and i don't want almost anyone touching me.

i feel that.. i like your pfp too

• 2 months later...

I'd rather not be touched, unless it's on my terms. How about a handshake, fist bump or high-five? Those are appropriate ways. I'll tolerate hugs from certain people. The only ones with whom I'll initiate hugs are my grandparents.

42 minutes ago, GoodbyeRepublicServices said:

I'd rather not be touched, unless it's on my terms. How about a handshake, fist bump or high-five? Those are appropriate ways. I'll tolerate hugs from certain people. The only ones with whom I'll initiate hugs are my grandparents.

Yeah it's kinda uncomfortable outside of family. 

Im not touch averse for context which is why I want to ask a rather oddly specific random question about a time people touch you to get a job done.

Im talking about haircuts, getting your haircut requires touch does that bother any of you? Or maybe not since its not intentionally romantic or emotional in any way just getting a job done.

Just curious.🤔

Edited by Ikarus